Red dirt diesel chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it for a ZD30 or YD25?

only ask because for ZD30 they all work the same way (open the spill valve longer) on a YD25 there is 2 ways of getting extra power, one safe and one potentially hazardous. The first method is just hold the injector open a fraction of a second longer, the second being up the fuel rail pressure and this has caused many issues with injectors on common rail engines.

Actually Red Dirt Diesel has 2 modules for the D22 2.5Ltr.
Stage 1 Uses pressure rail
Stage 2 uses injection timing

Get a steinbauer then, only safe one.

:confused2:

What is safe about a steinbauer?
They have no inputs. It will continue to pump more fuel in regardless of what is happening in the real world.

You will also get worse fuel economy with any injector extencer chip than you will with a rail pressure chip fyi.

compared to a pressure chip they are, I spent months researching chips, read many horror stories about pressure chips and hardly anything bad about steinbauer.

In the end though I decided a chip wasn't right for me, I don't like playing with things a mechanical engineer has spent a great deal of effort to design to a certain spec.

Well there isn't really anything bad about steinbauer. They don't cause limp home mode, which is probably the main thing you read about pressure chips.

That is only 2% of the whole story though.

It's not that the mechanical engineer is wrong but to put it in perspective the engine and control system is designed to run in alt of countries all with varying levels of fuel quality and environmental differences.

Diesels are a bit closer to ideal than petrol engines but you can still take advantage of the margin that is built into all setups safely buy tuning the engine to suit the conditions that it will be used in, and to suit what the vehicle is used for.

Also the amount of pressure chips sold worldwide would in comparison be a very much larger percentage of people with issues than that of a timing only chip that report fewer problems hence the amount of negetive feedback generated by unhappy pressure chip owners and most of the time their other mods have caused the problem.:deadhorse:

John that depends if the diesel is a CR type or direct injection, like on the ZD30 I believe they all work the same way by opening the spill valve longer irrespective of brand.

its ultimately up to the end user to make up their mind, personally I wouldn't fit any chip without an EGT gauge and upgraded exhaust.

I agree never shall i fit a chip again but in a few years a 70series with standard grunt will suit me but by then the thing will probably produce more than we can use although it does now:tazzy: and we carn't f*ing afford it look at that range with the tanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back