Readylift kit + 2" suspension lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav_brah

Reaction score
UPDATE ON PAGE 4

I have finally decided to increase the lift of my navara by adding 2.5" at the front to level it out and add 1.5" to the rear. This will increase my total lift to around 4".

Super excited. Just wanted to know if there is anything i should be looking out for during the install.

Btw the kit I have is a readylift suspension kit. The suspension lift I have is a toughdog kit.

Cheers

Last edited:
dangerous cv angles?
extended brake lines
extended diff breathers

some pics would be great

Dont forget new upper control arms or extended ball joints at least..you will need rear brake lines also...there is other stuff you will want later to make it all work but that will get you going.

definitely let us know how it goes iv been thinking of doing the same thing

Oh its well worth it.you will loose a heap of droop at the front but if you do some super long rear shocks it almost works well enough.
It also works even better if you ditch the lifted front springs..refitt standard height front springs and a 4' lift front spacer (not actually 100mm more 75mm) you can get your droop back at the expence of cv angles.full droop they will be a wicked angle but thats just how it goes.

Cheers everyone for the reposponses

Dont forget new upper control arms or extended ball joints at least..you will need rear brake lines also...there is other stuff you will want later to make it all work but that will get you going.

I havnt got new upper control arms yet I was hoping i would get away with it for the while before needing to replace these. And Iv read that i could possibly get away with the standard length break lines. I guess ill need to see how it turns out and make adjustments when necessary. I wont be doing any hard or any 4wd at all for a while so I have some time to sort it out.

I am doing it saturday morning so will post pics when im done :)

Your game!! Your arms will probs be sitting on the coil bucket at 4" not just the occasional clunk and the rear lines (abs/brake) are super tight at 4" also..just make sure you unclip the abs lines from the diff and chassis a zipp tie them down.
Ps the noise of the upper control arms hitting the coil bucket get old real quick

Your game!! Your arms will probs be sitting on the coil bucket at 4" not just the occasional clunk and the rear lines (abs/brake) are super tight at 4" also..just make sure you unclip the abs lines from the diff and chassis a zipp tie them down.
Ps the noise of the upper control arms hitting the coil bucket get old real quick

Can you recommend control arms to replace these with and do you know if this clunky does any damage?

Cheers for your input mate. Yeah pretty game new to all this so just seeing how things go at the moment

Ive got spc arms.the reason was they have good adjustment and they are sold in australia under a diffrent name tho.so im assuming they are legal..got them from the US.normally get them landed for around $550 aussie.the rear brake lines i got made up at a brake place in adelaide.think i paid $50 mailed to me.perfect fit and 100%legal if you search my forum history i have it all there.

Oh its well worth it.you will loose a heap of droop at the front but if you do some super long rear shocks it almost works well enough.
It also works even better if you ditch the lifted front springs..refitt standard height front springs and a 4' lift front spacer (not actually 100mm more 75mm) you can get your droop back at the expence of cv angles.full droop they will be a wicked angle but thats just how it goes.

you have lost me camo not sure if your left or right on this subject

fuarrk didnt realise they were that much thats pretty crap.

I will just see how it goes and go from there.

Any idea on where to pick break lines on demand during the day? Just thinking incase i need them on the day.

you have lost me camo not sure if your left or right on this subject

So if you add a 2" lifted spring to a front strut it will just stretch it out further(gives you 2" extra height tho) but you loose down travel (droop) on my 2" lifted springs on a "extra long strut" (supposedly) i have 50mm droop...not ideal.on a stock/spring strut setup you should have 100mm +/- droop and some compression left also.if you were to use a standard height spring and fit big spacers to equil a 4" lift,you will still have the downtravel (droop) and uptravel of the original shock (great!) Just with the added underbody clearance that a 4" lift give you

called a few places in perth today and i found a place that will make brake lines on the spot for me.

Back