Radio reception interference

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoyoman

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Has anyone else experienced lack of radio reception and limited range with D40 standard radio. Bugger all when away from Melbourne metro area and some stations such as sport 927 nothing at all.
Once before Nissan did something with the aerial when under warranty. My guess is that the same problem has arisen. Bloody annoying recently when on VRC Derby day couldn't listen to the races.
I have the 2007 model with crappy little stubby aerial in the roof.
Have noticed the latest model has a conventional type of aerial mounted in the panel near the windscreen wipers.
Has anyone replaced the roof aerial with another type to improve reception and range. Your thoughts on this approach.

Yoyoman

The D40 has a radio?

Nah seriously I have used mine a few times in 2 years, but never around Melbourne, I can however pick up a few Melbourne AM stations two hours east of Melbourne though so I wouldn't say my radio suffers too much

I have a 2010 July build STX D40 and the radio antenae is a stubby one on the roof. Reception on AM varies a bit, but in some areas around Adelaide is marginal. The aerial appears to be non adjustable except for the angle at which you put it.

My FM reception is poor when the headrest DVD players I have installed are on. The wireless headphones that came with the units interfere with reception. It is fine on AM.

Have you installed anything that may interfere with reception?

Even though I have a D22. My HID headlights seem to cause abit of interference on FM.

The powerlines seems to cause alot of noise of AM though.

Aftermarket stereo though.

My FM reception is poor when the headrest DVD players I have installed are on. The wireless headphones that came with the units interfere with reception. It is fine on AM.

Have you installed anything that may interfere with reception?

Brake controller has been in since new. 2007.
UHF radio 6 months old.

Yoyoman

Is the reception generally bad or does the static and crap change with the engine revs?

Latest posts

Back