QD32 randomly getting hot, ideas?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davojohnson

Reaction score
https://vimeo.com/147919739

So my 00" Nav has been randomly getting hot like this for a few months only when I go up a very steep and long range in Townsville, QLD, there is no coolant/water in the oil, not using coolant and the viscous Hub still seems to be alright but could be better and it drives perfectly normal all the time as well. I can flog the crap out of it for hours on end on a hot day or night and won't make the temp gauge move at all. It only does it when going up this certain range and if I recall correctly it started doing it the following time I went up the range after I cleaned out my heater box but I'm not 100% sure, been up that range plenty of times and it never got hot or even moved and from what I've been able to piece together so far, other then the viscous hub feeling like it's alright but may not be alright, the only other thing I can pin point it to is the gauge sensor may be either getting dodgy or have crap on it. I can not do much about checking the sensor at the moment until I have the money to get more coolant so I'm just asking around to see if anyone has any ideas at all.

All input and help is welcome and much appreciated!

Cheers

sounds like its the fan hub at fault to me. your going up this range slower than other driving plus more strain is put on the engine = heat. replace the hub and go from there.

sounds like its the fan hub at fault to me. your going up this range slower than other driving plus more strain is put on the engine = heat. replace the hub and go from there.
yeah that's what I thought as well. I'll replace it and see what happens.

Cheers

I'm not sure with the navaras, but I know with the patrols you used to be able to open the fan hub up and replace the viscous fluid inside it. From memory you could buy the fluid from toyota... (did I just say that, haha) that was quite a while ago now though, so I don't know if it is still possible...

I'm not sure with the navaras, but I know with the patrols you used to be able to open the fan hub up and replace the viscous fluid inside it. From memory you could buy the fluid from toyota... (did I just say that, haha) that was quite a while ago now though, so I don't know if it is still possible...

Yeah mate the ZD30 patrols you can cause that's exactly what my old boy did to his but I'm not 100% sure with the QD Navaras as the water pump and the viscous hub are in the one thing, not sure if all motors are like that or just certain ones, had nothing to do with water pumps or viscous hubs yet until now.
47981f1ee744efad4a4dcdbdd75664a6.jpg
9c48bff3228fc0fb3fd2cbf5167358d8.jpg

just try washing/blowing out the radiator and condenser might make a difference

Do that almost every day when I pressure clean the car. Thinking it might be the gauge sensor getting a bit dodgy is what dad reckons but I don't know where to start cause I got no money to buy replacement parts and coolant yet

Back