Puzzling oil leak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr who

Reaction score
Hi guys, my 2005 d22 has suddenly developed a oil leak somewhere in the vicinity of the starter motor which is quite wet with oil. There's no oil above the it on the block or under the manifold. No evidence of leakage at the rear of the block and nothing weeping down from above from the rocker cover or injector pipe seals....Any suggestions. Dr who

Have a look at the air piping from the turbocharger onward, particularly if it's making loud noises under boost - it might be blow-by that's managing to land there.
Thanks Tony, I'll check it out....Dr who

Hi guys, my 2005 d22 has suddenly developed a oil leak somewhere in the vicinity of the starter motor which is quite wet with oil. There's no oil above the it on the block or under the manifold. No evidence of leakage at the rear of the block and nothing weeping down from above from the rocker cover or injector pipe seals....Any suggestions. Dr who
There is a rubber oil return pipe in that region. Could be that? Goes from the top rear of motor (tappets?) back to sump via steel pipes, with a short length of rubber pipe in the middle joining the two. An absolute pita to get to, it's behind the egr valve and starter motor, well tucked away.

ps. Assuming it is a zd30?

There is a rubber oil return pipe in that region. Could be that? Goes from the top rear of motor (tappets?) back to sump via steel pipes, with a short length of rubber pipe in the middle joining the two. An absolute pita to get to, it's behind the egr valve and starter motor, well tucked away.

ps. Assuming it is a zd30?
Yep, zd30

Back