Project cars besides the Nav ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As if the Nav and patrol wernt enoguh If i had the cash and the room id have more projects then i could poke a stick at.
would love to build up an old skool rat rod, and a KOH style buggy and ive got my dads chrysler sigma that i want to fully restore to original but turn it into a sleeper with a ls1 under the hood.

I've got a 74 LA lancer rally car - being done as a historic - total ground up no 2 piece together rebuild - lots of NOS parts - pretty close to being finished.

once that's finsihed then I'm onto a 73 Chrysler by Chrysler - 440 big block etc.

Spent the last 2.5 years stripping and restoring my sentimental car. 1989 R31 Silhouette. Stripped back to a shell and rebuilt everything except the gearbox. Was my learner car and owned it for well over 10 years now. Such a nice car to drive and so much better than the similar cars of that era(VL).
Nissan salesman thought I was strange when I chased a sililar car when on a D40 test drive. Genuinely wanted to offer the driver something for his car as mine was badly hail damaged last year and I dont see any same mode and colour R31's.

No, it's Kevin, but I know a couple of Adams into renaults - spence and billiards.

KB

I went to school with a guy who loves his Renaults. Adam Kiem, he is in Sydney to now from memory.

Spent the last 2.5 years stripping and restoring my sentimental car. 1989 R31 Silhouette. Stripped back to a shell and rebuilt everything except the gearbox. Was my learner car and owned it for well over 10 years now. Such a nice car to drive and so much better than the similar cars of that era(VL).
Nissan salesman thought I was strange when I chased a sililar car when on a D40 test drive. Genuinely wanted to offer the driver something for his car as mine was badly hail damaged last year and I dont see any same mode and colour R31's.

Any pics mate ?

There are a few clean R31 Silhouette's getting around here.

Ill second the comment on being better then the XF Falcon's and VL's.

There is a R31 GTS that gets around to, the thing is immaculate.

ive got my dads chrysler sigma that i want to fully restore to original but turn it into a sleeper with a ls1 under the hood.

Hey I hadn't thought of that, my grand father has a sigma wagon in near perfect nick with about 80K on the clock. Wonder if the back springs could handle a blown 454 with the bug catcher hanging out the roof.

Hey I hadn't thought of that, my grand father has a sigma wagon in near perfect nick with about 80K on the clock. Wonder if the back springs could handle a blown 454 with the bug catcher hanging out the roof.

I think the whole car will need some strengthening to handle any sort of power :rock: This sigma my dad bought new, has been sold and rebought half a dozen times, been written off twice, at least 3 different motors + 1 or two rebuilds. The clock has been lapped a few times. Great car. so much character haha

Joshy, that Sigma sounds like my pa's axe. It had about 8 handles and 4 or 5 different heads. Shit, it was a bloody good axe! Hahaha.

I have four Renaults (R8's, R10 and R5) at present. I've had a few other R8's and R10's and a Mini previously as well as raced a variety of Datsun sports sedans in the past. Also have a Triumph Daytona that rarely makes it out of the shed.

KB

Wow I thought I was the only one... I have a renault 8 also! Had one as my first car when I was 14, and used to do club level gymkhana/autocross with it. Regretted the day I sold it! SO stupidly bought another one to restore.

Also building a Formula Libre hill climb car. 85% complete (has been for about 6 years).

GSX-R 750 which is for sale as I need to reduce the toys...

How hard are those Euro cars to get parts for ?

Depends on the car... the R8 parts can be hard to find, but most renaults there has been a gazillion built. I've had lots over my car history, and parts have been cheap and easy to find. Ebay really helps too!

Building a cafe racer for this summer.
Was going to sell the lot 1 week ago....but then couldn't do it. Busy week and the postman is wearing a path to my door with new bits.

Started with
ProjectKH004Largee-mailview.jpg

Currently at...
Picture089Largee-mailview.jpg

Pffft with the Navara....the only thing I want to build near it is a large fire.

The cafe racer came up nice, If your really looking for something to do i could park the bonneville in your shed for a winter:sarcastic:

In another topic someone was most unkind for my love of all things Volvo :sarcastic:

Dis is mi ova wun.

350 Chev, T350 & 9". Not sure if it's still a Volvo?

Been finished for quite a few years so not actually a project anymore.

Attachments

• Image0093.jpg
    Image0093.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
In another topic someone was most unkind for my love of all things Volvo :sarcastic:

Dis is mi ova wun.

350 Chev, T350 & 9". Not sure if it's still a Volvo?

Been finished for quite a few years so not actually a project anymore.

It's not Volvo's that are the problem Joe it's Volvo drivers :sarcastic:

I remember years ago when I used to read Street Machine and other rodding mags fairly regularly that Volvo's were often chosen for a make overs and more often than not the work put into them outshone most other rodders. Nothing to be ashamed of owning one, just don't drive it :big_smile:

There use to be a Volvo getting around here with a 351 so I hear.

Never seen it, but a local engine reconditioner owned it from memory.

Latest posts

Back