Problem Solved

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerome4506

Reaction score
I have had a few ongoing problems with My 2005 260000km D40 . it is of age and to be expected
Diff
clutch
Bearings
Turbo
The latest was Black smoke and loss of power under load and the Turbo control valve didn't seem to be working properly. This all started happening after about 5000k of the new turbo and about 300k after nearly running out of fuel so I blew air in the fuel line from filter to fuel tank ( There was 3 filters on my nav so fuel line only) and it did seem to run better after reading info on here that you can get crud in your tank . I figured this was an easy way to see if this was the problem (blockage) rather than take the tank out. Obviously this wasn't the problem as I still had black smoke and lack of power. I tried a new Control valve still didn't work.
I had checked vac hoses fuel lines intercooler hoses. reset the computer. Blocked the EGR.
So today I started going over fuel lines again but this time i started tightening the hose clams as they were a little loose . Then I rechecked the turbo and intercooler pipes well f***k me if there wasn't now a split 70mm long. I just new it had to be fuel or air the split was on the cold pipe and had obviously got worse since I checked the first time. did a dodgy fix as I'm in the bush , reset the computer, drove up the road for a few minutes going threw the gears so the car could learn and gave it a gut full and she blew a big puff of Black smoke I eased up gave her a gut full again and happy days no smoke. I nearly bought a new car lol.
Pays to really have a good going over the intercooler pipes.
Anyway I thought I would share my Witch hunt with you all
Cheers

Thanks mate, good info. I like it when people share this type of info. Really contributes to the forum.

From a fairly young age (the ute, not me:) I put some really big ass cable ties around the cold side hose every 5 or 10mm. 9 years latter hose is still good. Cable ties are probably stretched with the heat by now. Replaced the hot side with a hard pipe and a couple of flexible connectors. Was just trying to stop the ballooning of the hoses on boost. Don't think it made any difference to lag but certainly didn't do any harm.

Latest posts

Back