Prediciments, weve all been there

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAD D40

Reaction score
Im not sure if such a thread is already in action but I stumbled across this pic and thought it would be interesting too see what interesting situations other guys have got themselves into.
Weve all been there at some stage.
168296_10150396595995648_859275647_17339715_3065194_n.jpg

this lead to
75751_497304061053_607766053_7056883_6492412_n-1.jpg

this
149617_497304181053_607766053_7056889_5988283_n.jpg

hard to tell but the water was up to the point of just being under the foam of the seat

that didnt smell like the water from last Sat did it??

now I feel like doin some 2WDing!!!!!

Last edited:
Predicaments?
HMMMMMMM

Jan2202LargeWebview.jpg

:big_smile::big_smile:

It's usually too dark or time is too precious to photograph my own predicaments but they seem to always involve the farm, safety central.

The Nav was off the road being worked on when black saturday rolled through, there was some interesting four wheel driving going on in an Audi A4 sedan.:sarcastic:

I had my Nav stuck in the river when it was like 3-6 months old.

Wont be doing that again.

Just had to dry out the carpet. Didn't get pics as I was pissed off.

They take in water like a kitchen sponge both the cab and the air intake LOL

Correct. Just lift out the centre cup holder and look down at the transmission tunnel. There are more holes down there than a sieve contains. Mine has a lovely layer of hard and crusty red mud from the Simo.

If your driving straight accross a river its fine just when you sit in it for too long the take on water, same as the headlights

We've had everything from ride on mowers, to 78 Corolla's, to Hiace vans to F100 utes bogged in the out flow of our septic system back in the old house. Mum's probably got old photos of them all somewhere she collected all sorts of embarrassing photos of our F'ups.

A mate of mine use to have a 83 Corolla, 1.3L of brutal horse power.

That thing went anywhere, copped a fair flogging and kept going.

Swapped it for a EH Holden that had a Commodore 4 speed bolted to it.

Went for a drive one day, speedo didn't work but the 186 got up and went, I reckon we would of been doing 160 maybe and then I realized it had drum front and rear and no brake booster.

That was scary.

Don't have pictures, but oh well. Didn't actually get stuck, but on a mates property in my '97 Rodeo and i was driving along with fence on one side of me and a creek on the other. Had been a fair bit of rain, and i saw a bit of a muddy section coming up, tried to give a bit more stick and as soon as i entered it i felt the thing sinking. To this day i still dont know how i did not get stuck, had mud to the door sills. Luckily made an alternative way back out.

Mitch

For what they were they were at the time they were good cars, our Corolla pulled the HK wagon out of the mud on our nature strip, survived a run through a culvert drain which ended with the front corner stoved in and took us 3 days to repair and on the day it was traded was still chugging away. Replaced that with an Astra which went on to pull the Hiace van out of the bog in the front yard, some of those smaller cars deserve more credit than they got.

one of the best cars ever made. great for budget rallying. and cheap drift cars. iv got a few mates that put sr20det's in em that make over 200kw at the wheels, driven on the street aswell with no attention from cops

They had a tendency so I have seen to do diff's. My mate went through a few. They always use to howl but kept going.

Its probably still getting around somewhere.

We never had a problem with the diff, the mate had a problem with his Corolla gear box but not a diff. They also sound like trucks when you run them with no manifold in a garage at 10:30pm :big_smile:

There is a difference between real rallying and us driving cars into septic tank out flows, road banks and culvert drains.

Between us and the old neighbour we've paddock trashed a Diesel Gemini, a 2 speed F100, and FE ute and XD Falcon sedan and a Fairmont Ghia, a Corolla, an 87 Astra which got rolled onto a barbed wire fence, a Datsun Sunny a Mazda 323 and a 94 Hilux. The rest of the cars were daily (or semi regular drivers) and we tried not to get them bogged, stuck, hit or bent.

Latest posts

Back