Pilar pod wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1310/71

Reaction score
I'm shortly going to install a boost gauge and EGT in a dual gauge pillar pod.
My question is for those who have done it, how did you run the wiing, thermocouple, vacuum tube etc down behind the dash and into the engine or power source as applicable?

Mines an 03 3.0L if it makes a difference.

Cheers
KB

I ran mine down between the dash and door frame, then out through the grommet that the bonnet release cable goes through, then across the motor as reqd...

I believe some of the earlier models have a rubber bung in the firewall near the clutch pedal, so that may be an option too. As for power for the egt gauge, I tapped into the +12v feed from the ignition wiring, lighting I just tapped into the feed for the parking lights in the steering column.

Hope that helps a bit

I did this a little while ago, pretty straight forward really but it was a tight fit with all the wires, a couple of things that helped me was using different colored wire for power, earth, lighting and a wire coat hanger to poke into the small holes to drag wires through.

On Holidays still this week, so made some good headway into getting my pillar pod gauges up and running.

The gauges were a set of custom gauges from Speedhut in the USA.

First I drilled some holes in the existing pillar cover (off the car of course) and combined the common power and earth wired off the two gauges together. I then fed the various plugs and wires through the holes in the original and tried to use liquid nails to glue the new pod to the old cover. This was only partially successful particularly up near the top. I'll have to add some double sided tape - or perhaps have another go with the liquid nails later on to finish off.

Then came the hard part of running the various cables; wires, thermocouple wires etc down the back and sides of the dash to exit out near the fuse box or below.

Ran the required thermocouple wires and boost sensor lead etc into to engine bay through the firewall hole above the clutch pedal and connected up the boost line. The thermocouple needs to have the bung welded on before it is complete, then finished all the inside wiring and tidied it up and put all the shrouds and dash bottom panel back on.

All good except the EGT thermocouple still needing to be done. The completed pics show lights off/on and a close up of the new gauges with the lights on. I'll try to take a better daytime shot when I get a chance.

KB

Attachments

• DSCN1755.jpg
    DSCN1755.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN1762.jpg
    DSCN1762.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN1767.jpg
    DSCN1767.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN1766.jpg
    DSCN1766.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN1768.jpg
    DSCN1768.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
The only mod is the snorkel (with prefilter bypass) the rest is stock.
The gauge is showing max boost of 14psi. I thought I might have seen 15 a couple of times, but I might have been imagining it - parallex error in sighting the gauge maybe based on what others have said stock boosts seem to be.

I had the probe fitted today, but the gauge wasn't indicating. The range starts at 100C and I only drove it a couple of kays so hopefully the EGT's just didn't get hot enough on such a short drive.

KB

Back