picture of turbo stripped

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jace3.0td

Reaction score
anyone got any pics of an old turbo stripped out i seem to have a bolt from compressor housing can feel boost escaping from bolt sized hole

theres not many bolts on them. the compressor should have a few on the back holding the outer on.
got a pic?

no mate i was gropin round with truck running and theres a perfect circluar whole with boost rushing out,bit worried about bunging any ol bolt in there lol,i searched google images but no joy kindve hoped some one had got an old one sat somewhere i could see pics off and try see whats missing.

Didn't Dave upgrade his turbo? Dave, do you have the old one? If you do, could you get a bolt out and get its dimensions and thread type?

I'd certainly be replacing the bolt before running the engine too hard. Sounds like you've had a pretty bad run with that Navara Jace, hope there's not much else to fix on it.

im gonna call her "jinx" from now on lol,guy before me had 4 new pistons put in her,ive done the diffs and now pump etc but i love the ol beast lol,id have thought theyd be some kindve lock washer/tab on turbo bolts?

i don't have pics sorry.
but all the bolts are on the back side of the compressor. theres 6 or so around near the outside edge and 4 or so alan key bolts on the centre part.
just pull one of the others out and you will know what to fit.

Ill check my video camer for pics.

When I pulled mine off I took some pics.

Navigator has 2 blown turbo's from memory.

someone in an earlier thread was complaining about a whistling noise coming from what he thought was under the dash. found out it was a missing bolt from the back of the turbo. pretty sure it was a 3.0 d22

im guesing on the bolt theory because wholes perfectly round,ill have to have a womble down to the garage and take a cammera

someone in an earlier thread was complaining about a whistling noise coming from what he thought was under the dash. found out it was a missing bolt from the back of the turbo. pretty sure it was a 3.0 d22

i also recollect pictures being taken and it wasn't an isolated case either!

i did a search but turbo crops up about million times lol,hope the bolt hasnt stripped thread,if i can get a size etc might order 2mm long and put a lock washer on back ,even replace the lot dont need the turbo self destructing whilst trying to split itself in half

Latest posts

Back