P0089 code

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4BYFOR

Reaction score
Hey guys well yesterday I blew an injector tube and replaced it now I'm getting this code and I'm wondering if my scv is now buggered! I get fuel pressure regulator performance 1 and the engine idles rough and also goes into limp if I don't keep it over 1k revs any ideas?

That's the fault code for Fuel pump so chances are the SCV is stuffed but it could be the whole pump.

Something else to consider could be if you managed to blow a injector tube that it over pressurised and damaged either the fuel pressure sensor on the rail or the relief valve at the other end.

Out of the workshop manual
DTC No. P0089
Possible cause

Fuel pump performance
Fuel pressure is too much higher than the target
value.
Fuel pump
Air mixed with fuel
Lack of fuel
Fuel rail pressure sensor

Last edited:
Check the cheap stuff first -- make sure your line is sealed correctly and not sucking air.

That's the fault code for Fuel pump so chances are the SCV is stuffed but it could be the whole pump.

Something else to consider could be if you managed to blow a injector tube that it over pressurised and damaged either the fuel pressure sensor on the rail or the relief valve at the other end.

Out of the workshop manual
DTC No. P0089
Possible cause

Fuel pump performance
Fuel pressure is too much higher than the target
value.
Fuel pump
Air mixed with fuel
Lack of fuel
Fuel rail pressure sensor

Well it was the fitting that was leaking I did replace the rail a few months ago and I think the cone seal just failed.. I put the new one in and it was all good no more leaks.. But I do believe i was driving for at least 25k before I realised! I could smell diesel slightly once but only when I stopped I could smell then see under the car diesel everywhere.. So I'm not sure if the suction control valve is damaged now.. The pump seems fine it works and the ute still drives fine but has rough idle and if I let it sit under 1k revs at idle it will go into limp mode, seems it low pressure related..

Latest posts

Back