ORU winch - any good ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b.k.2008

Reaction score
Hi have been thinking of fitting a winch for some time on my Nav

first of all I have a Gitsham alloy winch bullbar fitted to my Nav.

I called Gitsham's yesterday to get a price on a winch mounting kit
they quoted me $220 for the kit & they said its only to suit a WARN Winch

i did some research & found the winch i want & the Warn winch have the same
bolting pattern & are nearly the same size. so not sure what the bloke at Gitsham's is talking about.

Finally this is the winch i would like to get, i found it on eBay & I'm wondering if its any good ??

here's the link for the winch
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/11083355...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_3449wt_952

so please tell me what you guys think of this winch.

i think you will find the "warn" standard is what pretty much all manufacturers spec the bolt patterns to. most bullbars will take any winch that will physically fit in there.

as for that winch, it looks ok i guess. i'd question what you plan on using it for before deciding what weight rating to get. if you are planning on towing a camper trailer or offroad caravan you might be better off with a 12000lb one. i think that equates to about 5400kg, but if you are trying to winch uphill with it while towing then you might need that extra capacity.

in saying all that, if it is for just in case when you are out in the bush having a bash around that one should be fine.

Couldn't open the page, but most winches are the same.
Even with a Warn winch I had to drill 2 holes in a steel bar for the fairlead to fit in.

Hi guys thanks for your replys, I have ordered the winch mounting kit from Gitshams today it will cost me $218 should be ready in about 2 weeks.

hey bods I will just have it for just in case I get stuck & i have been told by Gitshams that i cant fit a bigger one then 9000lbs & once again he told me it will only suit a warn winch.

Hi guys thanks for your replys, I have ordered the winch mounting kit from Gitshams today it will cost me $218 should be ready in about 2 weeks.

hey bods I will just have it for just in case I get stuck & i have been told by Gitshams that i cant fit a bigger one then 9000lbs & once again he told me it will only suit a warn winch.

As far as i know the warn winch pattern has been the benchmark for many years now. So i don't see how their design is only for warn winches.
As for the winch mate, the simplest way i see it is that there is a chance that your vehicle and more might be hanging off it. So it pays to buy the best you can afford. Rule of thumb with those sorts of accessories is you get what you pay for.

^... but all good quality products began as unknowns. Do a bit of googling ragarding the manufacturers history...

i don't get how they figure you can "only" fit a 9000lb. the higher rated ones are the same physical size, just a more powerful motor. as i said above, "warn" is just the standard pattern. they only say that because they won't guarantee any other winch will fit

i don't get how they figure you can "only" fit a 9000lb. the higher rated ones are the same physical size, just a more powerful motor. as i said above, "warn" is just the standard pattern. they only say that because they won't guarantee any other winch will fit

hey bods,

yeah he said "you know you can only fit a 9000lb warn winch"
he didn't look to smart to me hahaha. I didn't know that the 12000lb winch is the same size as the 9000lb, he must be really dumb hahaha.

fair enough, lol. well, i have an xrox bar on mine with a supercheap ridge ryder 12000lb winch. according to xrox they can support up to a 15000lb one. normally the steel bars can fit at least a 12000lb, so i don't see why you would have any issues with it. the mounting may be slightly different, being that yours is an alloy bar with a cradle, but there's no reason it shouldn't fit...

fair enough, lol. well, i have an xrox bar on mine with a supercheap ridge ryder 12000lb winch. according to xrox they can support up to a 15000lb one. normally the steel bars can fit at least a 12000lb, so i don't see why you would have any issues with it. the mounting may be slightly different, being that yours is an alloy bar with a cradle, but there's no reason it shouldn't fit...

hey bods I have bought the 9000lb winch I think it will be enough for me, Its only there for just in case I get bogged. it cost me $445.00 with postage which I think is fair enough

Latest posts

Back