Oil leak

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10navst

Reaction score
While looking for a place to T into for a boost gauge I came across this oil leak.
null_zps28b8ecba.jpg

Could this be caused by the EGR blanking plate I put in?

Also while here, I can't find the right hose to connect the boost gauge, every hose I tried gave me vacuum readings. I tried all the hoses around the turbo and the one coming off the inlet manifold on the drivers side but no positive pressure. I've tried the search function but now I'm just confused.

Help please, I want this done and dusted.

Cheers.

the oil leak there is just residual oil from the breather getting into the intake system, common on these. Wont cause any issues but a decent catch-can set up will minimise it.

Any place between the turbocharger and the intake valves (which means the intake manifold as well) is viable for a boost sensor. D40s have one low down on the cold side of the intercooler.

The oil leak is both normal as stated above, but needs correction. Normally, there is a small amount of oil that's come out of the PCV (the hose at the top of the rear of the engine that goes into the air intake just in front of the turbocharger).

If this oil is making its way outside of the air hoses, you have a boost leak. The hose might be split or cracked, the hose clamp might be loose or overtightened and pinched. Fix the hose, and as suggested, consider a catch can.

Yeah thanks Tony. I found the boost controller behind the front grille and tapped into that. Tried it and had small boost on a free rev. Will look into a catch can after I do a bit of research on here. Gotta sort out my oil pressure gauge first. Can't get the old sensor off. I will get some deep sockets from work cause I don't have any big enough.

Latest posts

Back