oh no zd30 wo! ?blown turbo?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o.K The results are in ,,,,,,,,,,,, the winner is "a very loose banjo bolt" on the spill line ! Yup the one that connects the line to the head ! great mechanic huh ! makes you think what else has been left loose ? And to think this guy did the timing chain kit also ahhhhhh ! now i'm worried...

Cant start her until after Monday now - have to wait on a rocker cover gasket and I will replace all the seals/orings and "those- i'm guessing "locking clips" that hold the banjo bolts to the line ..

So do you think it's fare that the mechanic should pay for all this ? Towing, gaskets, o rings- clips, oil and the racv guys and my time ?

Danm I hate trusting peoples with my motors etc !

So now i'll have to wait and see after Monday if there has been any other damage done, Grrrr I should go them for a rebuild !

I KNOW I KNOW , must have happened rather quickly I think ! Even with just the tank primer pump applying pressure it was gushing out - imagine what it would have been like under the pumps pressure !

Thanks guys it's always good to have this site to turn to for a cry ,') haha

I will give you an update on the bill and if they pay and if she is running right mid week i'd say ! cheers zed

At least the bearings will be clean inside the engine... I'd do a few successive oil changes just to make sure you get the diesel out of the bearings and rings, etc

If diesel was in the sump id be concerned as to the condition of your bearings. Last time i checked diesel wasent a good former of the required hydrostatic wedge that protects the bearing surface. Drain your sump and run a magnet through the bucket to check for metal particles, mite even be worth running it through a fine filter. If you find bits, your not going to have a good day.

hMMM you could be right albatross ! Brought 20lt today so I'm planning to do just that and yes I will be looking at the oil very closely !
Do you think it would damage a bearing so fast ? It was only driven short trips until this and this happened coming back from the shops 5 min away ?
Unfortunately the oil did look a bit reflective/shiny under the torch light last night but no remnants in the bottom of the dump pan when I looked today !
But I will be watching the oil changes from now on and the magnets a great idea too!

lol yeah bods I did make fun at that today with the mechanic- then I cried ! haha
Danm it - I just hope it's not buggered when I do get to run it- I was quick on the key and clutch buuutttt oil doesn't compress that well so it may be wishful thinking !
I do know one thing "someone's getting the bill for this" and if the next oil dump shows anything on the magnet I'll be thinking "rebuild" at "someones expense" too !

I not sure that would have helped sparra - would the pressure drop or gain with having diesel in it ?

pressure would have dropped considerably
alarm would have sounded
i know its a bit late now
i will be fitting one for xtra security

had a couple on patrol forum where the spill line was leaking. every time they primed the fuel filter it pumped diesel into the oil.
one was a fully rebuilt engine due to normal grenade problem.
then it blew the turbo
new turbo, blew that one and it took out a few pistons requiring another full rebuild.
no sign of low oil pressure.

all due to leaking washers on the spill tube.

diesel in oil will dilute oil
diluted oil = low oil pressure
correct, but the amount of dilution to get oil pressure to drop enough to notice is a lot. the turbo bearings let go well before that ever happens.

OH GOD! well I wont know until she fires - even then it may not show any signs "yet" of any excessive wear to the bearing -right ! So this problem may raise it's head latter ! great ! I was hoping to travel around Australia in the coming months - this puts a cloud over that !
So should I press this mechanic (Warragul diesel injection service) for a re build - The racv guy said it is definitely a problem caused by them ????
I knew I should have done this work on her - kcuf 'em the stinking shite mechanics ! This is serious by what you guys are saying - what should I do ?

Firstly it hasn't been proved that those guy's are responsible for for the failure as yet on a public forum i would use caution before pointing the finger at them you may find it was bad luck a underlying problem sure your pissed off wait until Monday and see what happens the guy's hopefully will help you if they have f..ck up but don't put them down untill the final outcome.

hey happy john - umm what do you mean ! they did the injectors and timing chain kit ! who else is to blame (the lose banjo bolt fairy) lol ! for god sake !
A lose bolt on the spill line ! this is there fault plain and simple ! ! I mean loose- not even finger tight- it spewed diesel with just the primer pump running and the r.a.c.v mechanic spotted it strait away ! Under pressure from the pump all the retune fuel was going into the motor ! It would have started off slowly and considering I have done about 200 ks since they did the work I am worried to no end the damage that was done and wont be noticed until miles down the track !
oh they are paying= $150 for tow, $120 in oil $30 for filters, my time and the r.a.c.v mechanics time 3 hrs each so far! and maybe I should make a civil suit and charge them for the time the utes been off the road being that it's my only form of transport for WORK - NO CAR NO WORK NO MONEY! yes i'm pissed and for good reason. mechanics charging like professionals and doing work I wouldn't piss on ! I now know where the term grease monkey comes from !

going by there website they back there work
and are experts in there field
i guess we will all see
keep us posted

btw check the manual but by memory the nissan method includes vacuum testing the spill line to check for leaks after fitting the spill line. i wonder how many mechanics actually do that.
that would have shown up any loose connections.

Latest posts

Back