Offset - Alloy vs Steel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aka_db

Reaction score
Hi learned ones...,

I am hoping to get some clarity around wheels and offsets.

I have a 2010 D40 ST (Thai), the alloys on it are 16x7J Offset 45, the Spare is a Steel J16x7JJ DOT 7EP18.

The 45mm offset on the alloys seems to fit with what I have read here, however, if I assume that on the steel wheels that the offset is in the P18, that this would be considerably different (27mm).

Does this mean that the spare really should only be used for as brief a time as possible due to significant difference in vehicle track, or that the steel wheels are different in the measuring somehow?

Any ideas?

I am also wondering if J16x7 DOT 7EP22 (steel) would fit and what these would do to the track?

Cheers, db.

pretty sure the spare isnt +18 offset as iv used mine a couple of times and wouldve seen the difference in where the wheel sits, have another look to see if its stamped elsewhere as that doesnt look the offset. and i dare say nissan would issue the spare in the same offset as the standard +45 on the car already

Thanks Onlock,

I had a look, nothing else that makes sense, 19 03 10 in very small stamp near outer edge and 03 13 very small stamp on hub area.

Cheers, db.

You could also try and measure the distance from the mounting face of the rims to the lip and that will give you close to the offset of the rims, just need to take off a few mm for the thickness of the rim

Ive done a few searches on here and cant seem to find a definitive answer,
I have purchased a set of 16x7" steel rims for my D40.
the Guy i bought them from said the offset i needed was a +16 on the 7" rims (could only get a 0 offset I'm the 8")

I have a feeling this is incorrect? >=(

can anyone confirm this for me before i got putting tyres on them!?

The spare will be the same offset as standard, either +45 for thai or +30 for spain, +18 is the common offset for 16x7 steelies, +16 will be fine if thats what you got

The spare will be the same offset as standard, either +45 for thai or +30 for spain, +18 is the common offset for 16x7 steelies, +16 will be fine if thats what you got

THANK YOU ONLOCK
Ive been stressing since i realised i may have made an error!!
appreciate it

Hey maybe someone can help i have a set of 17'' pathfinder rims on my ST-X (Spanish) i was wondering if they will fit on my RX (Thai). Would there be any underlying issues?

they will fit fine as the offset of the stx rims will make the rim sit 10-15mm further out

I had 16x7 +16 fitted today with 265 70 tyres. Sadly they stuck out roughly 20mm past the guards :(
Good thing they are offroad rims :)

I just ordered these mags from allied today 16x8 wrapping them in 285 BFG Muddies. I cant wait for these bad boys to turn up! I have been waiting since June.
Scorpion.jpg

Latest posts

Back