Off Road ability of 2011 ST-X series 4

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this applies to the 550 but I thought the issue with some of the Mitsubishi models was the stability control rather than the traction control & this can be remedied (temporarily) by disconnecting one of the ABS sensors at a wheel or the ABS distribution block.

Last edited:
Not sure if this applies to the 550 but I thought the issue with some of the Mitsubishi models was the stability control rather than the traction control & this can be remedied (temporarily) by disconnecting one of the ABS sensors at a wheel or the ABS distribution block.

That would lend itself to a relay activated by a switch inside the cabin allowing you to do it whenever you felt the need.

I have had a fair play in most other conditions and found it to be good. It was only the sand that really let it down.

Maybe a chip would be the solution.
you said it just bogged down when the 'electric (brake activated) LSD' started working.

with more power on tap maybe you would be able to drive through the issue.
Having never driver the car (or any d40) in this condition its just a theory.

Maybe a chip would be the solution.
you said it just bogged down when the 'electric (brake activated) LSD' started working.

with more power on tap maybe you would be able to drive through the issue.
Having never driver the car (or any d40) in this condition its just a theory.

Sorry Bryce, but that makes no sense at all.......... The problem really is that you cant fully deactivate the stability control via the standard nissan controls.
I think Tony's idea of a relay and switch in the cabin would be the go. Not only would it be far cheaper then a chip, but it will cause less strain on the drive train, engine, brakes, ect.
It would be like driving with the hand brake fully applied and just saying f%# it im just going to give it more gas and not bother undoing the hand brake, you will soon have more dramas then just having to us more power.

Latest posts

Back