NSW Police Fined Roof Mounted Driving Light Users

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it makes sense coz whoever put it there clearly didn't wanna be kicked in the groin or face by the horse lol

Well it makes sense coz whoever put it there clearly didn't wanna be kicked in the groin or face by the horse lol

yeah and then be done for assaulting an officer with his FACE or Balls!! very had to get over that on your record. lol

Cops are stnuc.
Know SFA, belligerent, egotistical A*holes.
I ride a bike, have a foot long goatee so I must kill and eat babies or somthing.
I regularly got the pleasure of their safety inspections, so I traded in the cruiser for a Adventure bike - changed nothing else and have never has one more inspection.

sorry for rant all better now :)

Should invite that cop to the Muster. Someone's coming who's going to be a threat to livestock - and last I heard, livestock includes those from the family Suinae.

Seriously, I can understand them trying to get people to obey the rules, but what is the problem with a 12V outlet on the bullbar? My caravan has a 12V outlet on its side. Are they worried about people stealing power? Like you're not going to notice someone sitting on your bullbar in a wet towel with a hair dryer plugged in to your bullbar while you're on the bloody freeway!

Clearance lights on the roof I *do* understand. For small (<4.5T) vehicles, coloured lights on the roof are reserved for emergency/breakdown vehicles (tow trucks/RACQ/NRMA etc). Not amazed on the HIDs either. If they're off, lights on the roof are acceptable because they can be for 4WD use only.

White work lights - if not switched on - shouldn't have been a problem, although I can see why they'd whinge about them. Seems some people have them aimed exactly at where a driver behind them would be .. one switch and they're blind. Not that you'd do it - but some would, and while we could cry "nanny state", they have to make rules (that we ALL have to abide by) to stop the few drivers who managed to get a license with only two functioning brain cells.

what i dont really understand about the rear work light is, whats the difference between being on a normal combined direction two lane road and someone coming toward you and hitting the high beam and someone being in front and turning on a work light?
I would of thought the highbeam and spotties from an oncoming vehicle would be worse

They have started nailing you in NSW now if your D shackles on you trailer chains don't have a stamped rating on them. They are apparently sitting and waiting for anything just towing a trailer to go by and then pulling them up and fining them $180. They could at least have put a bulletin out telling us all of the change to the law. It was never an issue before. Mine arnt rated but they are stronger than the chain links by a long shot.

That's pure BS. I'm going to check mine right now, because I'll be towing soon - and heavy - I have two chains, plus 12 pin plug, Anderson plug, breakaway cable and soon will also have a camera extension that replaces the camera in my tailgate with one on the back of the caravan (when I get time to put it in).

Well, mine proudly say "Hayman Reece" but nothing else. I'll buy some new ones before we hook up for the Muster.

Wish they'd pick on some real crims..
We've had heaps of camera crews with drugs buses and RBTs on the Coast filming for that RBT show lately.

Well I called into our local station and asked them to inspect my trailer chain. The constable said it was within the laws after 10 mins on the computer. So I am none the wiser.

It's all about making money. They will say it's not but unless you are using a paper clip to hold the chains up any shackle that is about the same size as the links in the chain should be good enough.

And you will probably still get pined anyway. My wife got booked for having her fog lights on in the day time. The car she was driving was a VT commodore ex chaser SS with the little lights in the bumper from the factory. He booked her for running illegal lights and then the funny thing was that he then threatened to book her again for being a smart ass when she asked him why it was ok for him to have his on and why his lights weren't illegal. He was driving the same car a VT commodore chaser SS. What a dumb ass. I when to the station that he was from and told his boss that I was going to take it further due to his employees lack of knowledge and training of the job he was doing. Funny how they withdrew the fines after that.

I believe they should just be giving neg driving to people miss using spotties and led bars. You don't fine someone for having a fast car that's driving the limit.

Back