NSW Police Fined Roof Mounted Driving Light Users

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clearance lights lol I had 4 on the bar of the d21 in the 90's never had an issue. Put 2 Narva spotties up there and I was pulled up countless times. As Sparra said pick on the hoons that do a burnout with one tyre. Most could not correct a slide even whilst driving normally. I taught both my Daughters how to drive before they can get a learners. They have learnt corrective steering in the wet before their learners. Wish my dad could see it he showed me at 11.
But off topic. apologies.

Heaps of my mates in SA have been done by the cops for having roof or roll bar mounted spotties

Yeah it is not fair Gordy, the police have no idea of the laws as long as it's wired correctly with the high beam and an isolator switch most will be ok.

A few of them were Bns utes so they in general stick out like dogs nuts. Most of them are rolling defect stickers anyways. But still not fair if the lights are actually legal

Yep Gordy it's a long argument I still don't think it matters you have spotlights mounted wherever for your own safety. My issue was 32watts facing backwards. And to be honest it is only to back my trailer or van at night off the road, or the campsite. The clown said it could "Dazzel" the car behind. As much as I would like to I see his point and checking I will leave it there.

They have started nailing you in NSW now if your D shackles on you trailer chains don't have a stamped rating on them. They are apparently sitting and waiting for anything just towing a trailer to go by and then pulling them up and fining them $180. They could at least have put a bulletin out telling us all of the change to the law. It was never an issue before. Mine arnt rated but they are stronger than the chain links by a long shot.

he's only a young pup, and he drives to work and back every day thru the cops turf, so he's just going to cop it

Ouch that sux big time
I have found a heap of cops try to "bully" drivers.
I had a cop tell me to turn off my "neons". I have leds bars down both sides of the truck as clearance and indicator lights. Sounds silly but it stopped people not seeing the truck at night and trying to drive through the middle of the truck at intersections.Happened a heap of times
Anyhow I politely told the cop they are LEDs not Neons.He was hell bent on booking me till "Ol Sarge" came over and said "looks good have a good night " so off I went.
Half the time the cops have no idea what the rules actually are just a vague idea

Nah mate cops know all the rules lol........ :yeahright;

"off topic" but cops here in melb are loose lol i went to the cells for the night two years ago cause i question a flog copper y myself and my misses was pulled over in a stock Astra minding our own business getting takeaway... While a car came flying past us on the and i quote " footpath" in a CAR.... Cop said he didn't seem him lol and wanted to blew so i challenged him lol.

So yea cops have the rule book with them all the time lol ....

Completely off topic... I was at Deni ute muster last year and this massive riot started and a huge fire got lit and the coppas just stood and watched. They did absolutely nothing, just watched from a far. They were nsw cops too

Completely off topic... I was at Deni ute muster last year and this massive riot started and a huge fire got lit and the coppas just stood and watched. They did absolutely nothing, just watched from a far. They were nsw cops too

They were just making sure everyone had enough company and marshmallows.

if only they were SA cops, they would of RAN the other way and left all the good folk at the muster do what ever they liked unattended

They were just making sure everyone had enough company and marshmallows.

if only they were SA cops, they would of RAN the other way and left all the good folk at the muster do what ever they liked unattended

Hahahahaha!!!

Their horses were even rocking bumper stickers!! I took this after i stopping pissing myself laughing lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413700626.062676.jpg

They have started nailing you in NSW now if your D shackles on you trailer chains don't have a stamped rating on them. They are apparently sitting and waiting for anything just towing a trailer to go by and then pulling them up and fining them $180. They could at least have put a bulletin out telling us all of the change to the law. It was never an issue before. Mine arnt rated but they are stronger than the chain links by a long shot.
Yeah Brad I knew about that being enforced. I have not been pulled over yet with the van in tow. That has 2 10mm chains with 4tonne shackles.

Back