No diesel in horsham

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nakedape

Reaction score
As per title. Rumors of vic fuel shortages true. Cheers to the cocky in front of us for sharing - top bloke,, we'd be stuffed othetwise!

You have enough for your buses

We've got an onsite underground tank with enough diesel for perhaps 10 days, we were about half capacity when the news was released.

Hopefully it'll be sorted out before then because a lot of the country school buses are owner/operated and rely on the local servo for diesel.

Must be time to start brewing our own :big_smile:

I see on the tv this morning Macca's are cooking chips in oil today then running their trucks in the remnants tomorrow maybe they can provide enough for everyone since people wont ever stop eating at Maccas.

...but I dont eat maccas - do you think they'll sort me with fuel anyway?

Don't worry somewhere in Australia I'm sure there is someone eating your share.

We've got an onsite underground tank with enough diesel for perhaps 10 days, we were about half capacity when the news was released.

Hopefully it'll be sorted out before then because a lot of the country school buses are owner/operated and rely on the local servo for diesel.

My kids get a country bus everyday, I,d imagine the small company wouldn,t have there own tank, 3 or 4 buses

Yeah then you'd get stung under child labour laws. You'd have no diesel, no labour and heaps of work to do, bugger it make them walk to school.

Much to our disappointment our bus lines never ran out of diesel when we relied on them to get to school.

They had petrol strikes too you know :ha:

The paint job was slightly different but these are similar to the ones I used to go to school on, and they weren't horse drawn :ha:

3841GT.jpg

For the sake of those not reading the other Vic diesel thread.

Diesel refining apparently restarted at Shell Geelong yesterday, deliveries never actually stopped but were limited and the biggest reason the effects have been so wide spread is because Shell provides more than 50% of the states diesel. They reckon diesel should start flowing back into the system today and there may still be some impacted by next week but it productions should be increasing by the end of the week. The Shell guy wont/cant say when it will be back to "normal", but he also said he can't say what normal is.

Apparently both faults were at the refinery and had nothing to do with ships, ships haven't actually been stopped and they are expecting more ships in now.

Latest posts

Back