New suspension, bound bumper question.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooper

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just did my new suspension upgrade after 180k on the stock. Went with the 2.5' lift.

Now my question is, Before doing the lift the bound bumper was not resting on the Bound Bumper prior to installing the lift. Not sure if this was because the old suspension was so stuffed?

After the lift the bumper is now firmly compressed as you can see in the pictures. Is this normal? Can the cars setup be changed to stop this from occurring cause now it feels like the car is just riding hard on that rubber instead of using the shock for most of the bumps.

Or is this just normal and give time for the suspension to wear in more?

Thanks for the replies.
Yes its the 2wd prt srcn but its basically the same.
noftde.png

30ieuy8.jpg

wb446o.jpg

Last edited:
Are the pictures of the car still on the jack or are the tyres on the ground.
If they are on the ground, there should be heaps of room between the arm and the bump stop.

On the ground. Possible the torsion bars are wound too high? Or maybe need more weight on the front due to not having a steel bar?

Wind the torsion bars down.

Must be riding like its fitted with SAX (Shit) rear leaves.

The torsion bars have been wound up too far.
Wind the torsion bars down untill there is 10mm gap between the upper arm & the bumpstop
Cheers

you need to go back through each supplement (assuming its the one from here) to find the right info.

I think it was from the first or second sections.... Just grabbed the easiest section I could quickly. Note thats the 2wd version the 4wd version is slightly different. Gotta keep scrolling to get the 4wd section.

Well the trouble does not end.

After installing and checking the front shocks they were all fine. Now after checking after 1000k the rear of the shock is getting hit by the front side of the rear arm on the wishbones.

Has anyone else had this problem? Looks like its hitting on near full lock whilst driving or near full lock. Going to rip the front tyres off tomorrow to have a proper look.

You have to grind 3mm off the upper arm where it contacts the shock.
This is something i do everytime
Cheers

Thanks Zordo you are a legend truly. Seeing as though you deal with bluemax over there what is the policy on the damage done? As they never told me I needed to do that when installing and if its a known problem from the diameters of their shocks would they replace the damaged shocks with new and then I can cut the upper arm and re install?

I take you dont talk on their behalf but a rough reply would be good ;)

I was told from my installer that all D22's UCA hit the shock.
Mine only touched at full extension.
I filed down a few mm's where it was touching and all fixed now.

Yeah mine have been damaged to a point Im not happy with. As a result of not being told to grind the UCA. Going to ask for new shocks as have only done around 600k and they are not what I expected or got told what would happen.

5agab7.jpg

a6xcl.jpg

Latest posts

Back