New Navara (D23)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatman

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been spending a fair amount of time here in the Philippines lately and the D23 is starting to take off, I've had the pleasure of seeing a few and even sitting in one and I must say its looking pretty damn good, as far as I can tell its a bit smaller than the d40 but it feels more solid inside and out, the interior feels of a much better quality than any ute I've been in including the ranger and the front seats are very comfy and solid feeling, a whole new level of interior quality I reckon. except for the rear seats...they are not as big as the d40 but not as small as the d22 either, and I don't believe the auto will have paddle shifts like the new triton/challenger, I had a good look underneath with the new coil rear end and it's going to be awesome, the ground clearance looks around the same as the d22, maybe a bit lower but definitely not as low as the d40, the new engine is tiny but with a bit of luck will be reliable, only time will tell, shame it doesn't come with an actual stick for engaging low range, or manual hubs, But it definitely looks like a quality upgrade from Nissan.

Last edited:
also had a sit in the NP300(badge on the tailgate) today. i also like the interior, and yes, the seats feel much more snug. but, apparently you can buy one, but can't take it away as there is no provision for child restraints, and the back rest is fixed, cannot fold forward. so, until this is corrected you can't have it. find it absurd that it has been overlooked, since they have been testing the cars for the last year. the one piece bottom folds up with the jack etc in bins on the hump.
and here's a big one, you can't fit a snorkel, as the air intake is next to the headlight pointing forward just under the bonnet. you can't put a pipe into the guard side of the airbox as thats were the ecu sits. i couldn't see anywhere to re route the intake piping, and there will be no room for a second battery again. the coil rear end even has a swaybar!!

I lime the look of them and the inside is nice as it resembles my new xtrail t32 me and the handbrake bought last yr but i think as time goes on 4wds will not be built to be taken off road :( old patrols and landcrusiers are still way of the future

also had a sit in the NP300(badge on the tailgate) today. i also like the interior, and yes, the seats feel much more snug. but, apparently you can buy one, but can't take it away as there is no provision for child restraints, and the back rest is fixed, cannot fold forward. so, until this is corrected you can't have it. find it absurd that it has been overlooked, since they have been testing the cars for the last year. the one piece bottom folds up with the jack etc in bins on the hump.
and here's a big one, you can't fit a snorkel, as the air intake is next to the headlight pointing forward just under the bonnet. you can't put a pipe into the guard side of the airbox as thats were the ecu sits. i couldn't see anywhere to re route the intake piping, and there will be no room for a second battery again. the coil rear end even has a swaybar!!

Haha! That's hilarious, Nissan designers lost there marbles in the late 90s...Thanks for the info mate

Last edited:
No it has child restraints but they sent strong enough. The seat is solid so it has tethers for restraints. I'm fairly sure Nissan has a snorkel kit as well.

It's in my five year plan to buy one. Just going to wait until series two or three as they will get better as usual with time. And more will be available as far as accessories go. My work at the moment is to hard on the nave I have and I don't want the new one trashed. Nissan run their models for ten years plus anyway so this one will be around for a while yet so who ever buys one now will have a new looking car for the next ten years.

011sat0110r_tjm-airtec-snorkal-nissan-navara-np300.jpg

070sb13n10r_4_0.jpg

It does seem to go a long way forward to the back of the head light.

I drove the manual 2.3l twin turbo and wasn't overly impressed with the performance. Really didn't seem like much of a step up on my d22. The gear box felt so light and the clutch was even light, hard to tell when it engages. My major concern is it drives like a petrol car. Not a diesel 4wd

I'd like to give the auto a go though. They also look like they have the shitty d40 stud pattern

I drove the manual 2.3l twin turbo and wasn't overly impressed with the performance. Really didn't seem like much of a step up on my d22. The gear box felt so light and the clutch was even light, hard to tell when it engages. My major concern is it drives like a petrol car. Not a diesel 4wd

I'd like to give the auto a go though. They also look like they have the shitty d40 stud pattern
We have to sit and wait for those that spend the coin and report back. My understanding is the twin turbo needs a kick in the guts to get going, I need it there when I prod the peddle, ie instant torque mine is good but the old zd30 in Big Gus with the 305's just has that edge of response much better than the 2.5 when I last drove it with 500kg more weight. I look forward to the new members that have the new model and their thoughts.
HJ

I drove an auto 2.3l at the local dealer yesterday. Interior was really good. Seats shit over the ones in my D40. Performance was no better than the 140kw D40. Gear box I didn't like and just seemed to rev I couldn't really feel the pull that my 40 has in boost range but that may be the twin turbo range not being as sharp. The new designed back seats seem to take up a lot more room therefore you don't have much room when they are folded up.

If was in the market for a new truck I think I would chose between the Ford Ranger or Isuzu D-Max having driven both over the last few months with a preference to the Ranger.I did have a look at the new navara looks ok I will see if can take one for drive in a few weeks

Latest posts

Back