New member with pics

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsaus

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently taken delivery of a new D40 ST Navara 2.5l manual - desert sand.
Fingers crossed for minimal clutch issues. :joyman:
Just put on some new shoes before Easter. BFG AT KO 265/70/16

This is what i noticed with the BFG's tyres on the black stuff:
No noticeable noise increase at highway speeds.
slight roar when accelerating at lower speeds.
feels to handle 'worse' - feel more flex when cornering
no noticeable increase in ride harshness
all in all - it is what i was expecting and im happy

mods planned:
2" lift (efs with bilstein struts/shocks)
nudge bar (cheapie of ebay) with spotties (undecided on type)
alphaline canopy
tint to match canopy
Bedslide (0.5ton 1000 Pro SE model)
sound system upgrade (ebay gps/dvd unit with fusion underseat sub)
underbody protection (undecided on type)
snorkel (undecided on type)

thats it for now. :rolleyes:

Also purchased an obd2 bluetooth adapter from ebay for $30 delivered and the Torque app for $5 bucks for android. Works great although im sure the fuel consumption reading is incorrect. Searched for similar issues but if anyone has managing to get the settings correct- please let me know!

image.raw

image.raw

Looks neat. Those shoes are 2% larger than standard, you'll need to account for that if you're keeping accurate fuel figures.

I have the same problem with the Torque app. I don't pay a LOT of attention to the figure, and maybe I should ... although I measure my consumption at the bowser.

Hey mate. Truck looks great, especially with the new shoes.
I'm looking at new tyres now too. What sort of price did you pay for them? Did you have any other brands or models that you were looking at or comparing too before you chose the BF?
What did you mean also by "feels to handle 'worse' - feel more flex when cornering"....?
What tyres were on it before you changed them over?
Cheers mate...!

thanks for the welcome.
Old.Tony - that is what i figured as well. I use the load gauge on the torque app to help drive efficiently. starting my first full tank mileage measure from today.
Zanick - paid $360 per tyre fitted. went for the bfg's from friends' recommendations plus i like the look of them. i said 'feels like' as its my opinion - have not done any test to prove it handles worse. The difference is noticeable though and i'm sure you would experience the same. i was willing to accept this though - its a ute not a car - that's what i keep telling myself anyway. ;-) Had the standard Grandtreks on before the bfg's.

Latest posts

Back