New Lift going in tomorrow

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tryharder

Reaction score
Under the weight of the canopy, my drawers (full of tools and stuff), dual battery, water bladder and pump, my rear leaves are bowed up! I have been putting up with it hitting the bump stops everywhere and sitting lower on the left by nearly 20mm.

So, after reading, I have the whole Sax suspension kit coming - 2 inch lift with the 3ds leaves, coils and shocks. I will throw it all in tomorrow arvo. Let you know how it rides after. I use it mainly on the road, beach sometimes for camping, so flex and all that really isn't important to me but the ride is!

Hey mate. The sax springs will give your car a new life in the rear. I have them and they work a dream. Did the cape trip and even fully loaded I lost no height compared to empty and still had the same comfort.

Goodluck

just put a full sax kit in 2 weeks ago, very happy with them so far. Little tip though, if you want it to sit level, dont fit any of the spacers they supply with the front struts. I have the 10mm spacer in and my front sits a little higher than my rear.

Expect more than 2" lift, my sax kit gave me 80mm front and rear over my 6 month old suspension. ride is great. You can run over small traffic islands and roundabouts and you dont even feel them, they do handle and perform well. You will like them.

How much does a full sax kit cost for a d22 .?

I fitted my kit myself but I got the rear springs for just under $1000 cause of the 4wd show discount. The full kits I think are arround $1800 supply then another bit for fitting. That's shocks and all. Give John at Sax a call. Very helpful bloke and backs his product

Have to do it this coming week sometime now. The struts were on back order and didn't tell me until it was actually supposed to be delivered. Grrrr.

Thanks for the tips too.

Got it done this morning - about 2 hours it took with a mate, we have a hoist and air tools which helps. Pretty easy going - front springs are underway more tension than I thought they were going to be.

It's raised the car about 50-60mm, the rear about 80mm! The standard leaf packs were shagged and straining under the load - canopy, storage drawers with tools, fridge, dual battery and have a 110litre water bladder (when needed) in the tray.

It seems to ride okay, a little firmer than standard but WAY more controlled. Corners exceptionally well and doesn't wallow around anymore. I haven't done a wheel alignment yet, looks to be running a little positive camber.

I'm going to put some Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60-18's replacing the standard 17's to fill the wheel arches.

I was going to do a Calmini 5inch lift but I couldn't get into my home garage or work which is pointless. I would love to do a body lift, even an inch, but with the fractionally larger tyres and that inch, I still may not make my garage!

I do like rolling in a high fourby!

I used theirs. I was going to get Bilsteins but I didn't want to wait any longer and they basically discounted theirs by 50% for me. They are certainly a lot bigger than the standard pencils! Compared to what's on it now, the standard stuff is very lightweight.

mines great, I had them supply 605mm length shocks for the rear. same length as the rancho's.

My rear springs are starting to develop a bit of a squeak, cant find it to save myself.

mines great, I had them supply 605mm length shocks for the rear. same length as the rancho's.

My rear springs are starting to develop a bit of a squeak, cant find it to save myself.

Let me know how you go if you find that squeak!
Mines doing the same and its driving me crazy!

I put liberal amounts of rubber grease on all bushes when installing and greased the nipples and shackles up good.

Latest posts

Back