new guy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1967l

Reaction score
hello all, new guy to site, just bought new D22 with spare few $ and want to toughen her up a touch without screwing up the warrenty any ideas where i should start? thinking of bullbar n spotties first.

Welcome to the forums.

There is heaps of info here about upgrade paths, where you should start is pretty much a personal preference but there's enough info here to get the thought process started.

As for warranties being effected pretty much everything you add has the potential to void a warranty but that doesn't mean it will do so. There is always horror stories about warranties being void because of add ons but the reality is still that any add on has to be proven to be the fault before warranty is void. Manufacturers can't just wipe a warranty because you had a 3 inch lift unless the 3 inch lift caused the problems.

Welcome to the forum!

A bullbar is useful if you travel on roads where wildlife can jump out on the road, for example desert highways, forest roads, past the Bondi Pub on New Years Eve, remote coastal regions etc. A good steel bar will also have a winch mount so if you're looking to add a winch in the future, you will be able to without engineering a whizbang framework in behind an alloy bar - although that's quite clever.

Spotties are a good accessory for country roads. I find that my flood gives me decent vision to the sides, my spot gives me good distance vision but I wouldn't mind some extra lights shining out the front at about 30 degrees from straight ahead on each side, so I can see around those tight forest corners.

If you are doing the outback thing, get some "roo whistles" too. They don't scare the roos away, because roos are SO dumb they will run out to see who's calling them, because they miss the old re-runs of Skippy (no digital set-top boxes in their pouches, so they're missing out). However, they do scare goats, cows, emus, dingoes and thieves trying to break into the Shell roadhouse on the Nullabor Highway at 2am.

You could also consider doing the EGR mod - stops the exhaust gas being sent in the intake manifold, reducing exhaust soot and letting the turbo spool up a little faster.

first mod for the D22 is to fix the weak rear springs. like you need an excuse to lift it ;)

Latest posts

Back