New D40 King Cab Owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverfox

Reaction score
Hi All
I have had my D40 King Cab for a month now and absoulouly love it
I live on the Gold Coast so I wanted a ute that would fit surfboards in the back
I have a lockable hard top fitted so the boards are locked away
Cant wait to take it to Moerton Island to see how it goes on the sand

Can anyoyone tell me if they make aftermarket roofbars to fit the king cab or do I need to go genuine Nissan ?

Whats with the clutch noise that a few people have talked about ?
Mine seems to make a strange sort of noise when it is depressed
Is this normal ?

Hi mate, welcome to the forums.

There are a few aftermarket roofrack systems you can look at, how many kilo's do you think you need to put on top?

There is a thread here somewhere about the clutch noise.

I don't think there are any roof racks for the King Cab even Genuine ones, well there wasn't 6 months ago when I was searching.
Yes a few people have that annoying clutch noise, many are on their second or third clutches in as many years, particular 06 models had a lot of clutch problems. I think you'll have to live with it as Nissan won't care.
Also note the King Cab uses a different air filter, Even just driving around town you'll find dust/dirt inside your filter box, turbo etc. So don't expect you engine to last too long. Nissan told me to put some silicon around the seal, but thats not the problem it's the actual filter medium that is no fkn good.

Thanks for the heads up on the airfilter
What have you done with yours to sort out this problem ?

I'm using k&N oil. Although I don't believe in oiled filters being best practice, but in this case there is no alternative, hopefully Ryco will produce something soon.

I have a Nissan D40 King Cab. I put a Flexiglass tray and canopy on the back. It made the area 2.0m x 1.8m then I got some rails and clamps off a double cab Nissan and bolted them to the deck. I made up rights and had small box sections welded on and bolted them to the clamps. I have two internal roof racks that sides into the uprights. The security screen has its own up rights and its bolted onto another set of clamps in front of the canopy window inside the tray. The rack is high enough to put my boat rods in over the fish bins and chilly bins. The rods are 6 foot six but have had 7 foot rods in there.

Back