new member. Wastegate actuator problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey nav forum!
Long time reader and first time post. I have a d40 Thai 2011 yd25 with a wastegate actuator problem. I just replaced the wastegate with one off eBay as I had been told it has a bad diaphragm and it does but has happened because the wastegate keeps opening and closing so much during load. I've had a couple of mechanics look at Ute and first mech didn't see this wastegate problem and changed clutch. I had also changed the exhaust manifold before this as it was cracked and distorted quiet badly. but after the manifold, clutch and new wastegate actuator it is still doing the same thing and under load starts shaking and just I cant identify the problem. I thought it was def the wastegate as it seemed to be making a bunch of noise in the turbo area. I have loaded photos of wear of shaft of wastegate actuator as well. It has also had diagnostic tool and no codes thrown back. I have replaced with a stock replacement wastegate off ebay. Any help would be hugely appreciated as im a chippy trying to get back out on the road. ps could it possibley be the boost control solenoid? thanks

Attachments

• 20230731_104929[1].mp4
    14.9 MB
  • 20230727_182133[1].jpg
    20230727_182133[1].jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230727_182118[1].jpg
    20230727_182118[1].jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Wastegatep_1[1].gif
    Wastegatep_1[1].gif
    471.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230607_121344[2].jpg
    20230607_121344[2].jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
boost control solenoid is a common issue.
but also pay to check the input to it. if the input to the valve is bouncing up and down then its another issue like MAF sensor.

boost control solenoid is a common issue.
but also pay to check the input to it. if the input to the valve is bouncing up and down then its another issue like MAF sensor.
cheers mate, neither of these show up on diagnostic tool yeah? I think I heard the maf sensor doesn't come up

Attachments

• 20230621_143030[1].jpg
    20230621_143030[1].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Okay cheers I watched west yorkshire engine service and did the quick test on the hot intake pipe to see if it pushed my hands apart or back in and it pushed outwards but is that only doing that cause not under alot of load?
that means nothing as that is just checking boost. you need to check if the valve is leaking/sticking. check the valves input to see if its moving is caused by the input or the valve. best done with hose not connected to the actuator. so if the turbo is fixed in position but valve is getting a signal thats going up/down then its a control issue. if signal is constant then its a valve or possible turbo adjustment issue.

that means nothing as that is just checking boost. you need to check if the valve is leaking/sticking. check the valves input to see if its moving is caused by the input or the valve. best done with hose not connected to the actuator. so if the turbo is fixed in position but valve is getting a signal thats going up/down then its a control issue. if signal is constant then its a valve or possible turbo adjustment issue.
Umm okay I'm guessing you mean while plugged into a diagnostic tool yeah? I don't have one atm and borrow a mates when I can but took vacuum hose that goes to top of wastegate actuator as mine is only one nossle input and I can feel the flutter in the the suction on my finger when I put it to the hose. Does that give you any idea? Cheers again

hard to say as i havn't done it. if you can feel the pulses go up and down. this is where a scope is best you can see exactly what the valve is getting.
for the control side you can check the boost sensor and also the egr system. blocking the egr off and see if problem goes away.

Latest posts

Back