new d22 speedo out by 10%+

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qqc d22

Reaction score
Ive done a search and couldnt find much have a 2012 d22 and noticed it seemed really slow at 60km and everyone seemed to be going faster than me lol. i gps tested it and it is 7 km/h slow at 60km/h. anyone else have this

I have a 2011 model and it has the same problem. I ask nissan and they told me, That they allow 10% in there speedos. U will just have to rember that your speedo is a bit out and allow for it.

Ihad that in my 2004dx with the standard 205r16 tyres. Just have to allow for it. Speedo's pretty much spot-on with 245/75/16's tho.

Cheers for the replys. thats about what i thought pretty piss poor but for a new car. oh well ill just have to put some massive tyres on there to compensate :)

put bigger rubber under it then test it again, should be close to correct.

Yup... mine was about 10k out at 100k (doing 90 and indicating 100).

After I put the 265/75 tyres on the speedo was within a couple of kms of being correct (doing about 98 and indicating 100).

Adr's specify there can be up to a +10% error margin, so the speed can read 10% above your speed, but not below. It is pretty slack even for the adr's to have such an error allowance, but car manufacturers get it 10% out and just say oh well, that's what the rues state it can be. It is pretty sad given the technology we have now that they can't get it to read closer. At least you won't get done speeding if you sit on the indicated speed, lol.

The only issue with putting bigger tyres on is the odometer reading will be out, it will say you have travelled less km than you actually have.

I agree here mine is pushing very close to being 11km's out @ 100km/h
Bit frustrating, however, like others here will need to put some bigger rubber on it me thinks!

It's actually 10% of the true speed + 4kph

Last edited:
Its crap but you jump in one for a test drive and the revs sit nice and low at 60 and 100 then you buy the heap of shut and its gotta rev harder to do the actual speed. disapointing really

Ive done a search and couldnt find much have a 2012 d22 and noticed it seemed really slow at 60km and everyone seemed to be going faster than me lol. i gps tested it and it is 7 km/h slow at 60km/h. anyone else have this

there is many many indepth postings on this subject in here over the last couple of years.....
anyways, in short...speedo is factory set out by 9-10 kms

Ive got a 2011 d22 and my speedo is out by about ten percent too. I took it back to niissan and got the pathetic line that they arn't allowed to touch it by law unless its out by more than 10 %.

took it back to niissan and got the pathetic line that they arn't allowed to touch it by law unless its out by more than 10 %.

:yeahright::wristy::wristy:

bullshit, bullshit, bullshit and more FARKIN nissan FARKIN bullshit, and even some more bullshit

:rambo:

Yup... mine was about 10k out at 100k (doing 90 and indicating 100).

After I put the 265/75 tyres on the speedo was within a couple of kms of being correct (doing about 98 and indicating 100).

Yep. 265/75 here and it's now spot on 100km. Tested on 2 different GPS units. Mine was around 8km/h out. Like others here i always wondered why everyone else around me was speeding lol.

Latest posts

Back