New Castrol Magnatec Diesel 5w-40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phxeent

Reaction score
Does the New Castrol Magnatec Diesel 5w-40.(DPF)Full Syn). Meet oil specs for D22 Navara?? Its rather confusing because it complies with specs Meets and exceeds API SN/CF, ACEA C3, Dexos™ .

Thanks Nathan

If the oil meets or exceeds standards then it's going to be more than adequate for the task. Not everyone likes fully synthetic oils, but often that dislike is due to the high cost which sometimes looks more like extortion than getting your money's worth.

Being "DPF-safe" just means that it's an ultra-low-ash formula, so that when it enters the combustion chamber and burns (comes in from the PCV, and it's supposed to do that) there's very little particulate matter to block up the DPF. Since you don't have a DPF you won't need to worry about that.

It's quite a wide temp range, suitable for use anywhere in Australia. Because it's rated higher than your car needs, your car shouldn't have any problem with it.

I used magnate in my d22 for years without a problem although it was 15/40 not 5/40 I also use the same oil in my truck.

I run that oil a few changes back. No issues and was cheaper then other brands. Used to run the diesel magnatec 15w-40 religiously in my bt50. Good oil

Latest posts

Back