New boost gauge.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10navst

Reaction score
Hey all, I've just finished installing boost and oil pressure gauges in my nav. They are 2 5/8" black face SAAS from autobarn mounted in the top coin tray of D40. I have to ask though, are boost gauges supposed to be noisey? Under boost it rattles inside and it's quite annoying. I've checked everything three times over and it nothing else. The gauge is making the noise. Here are some pics anyway:
null_zps83009068.jpg

null_zps53776a49.jpg

They are the four color ones, green blue red and white.

the noise is often caused by pulses of airflow.
a lot of gauges come with a dampener, often just a restrictor in the T piece. make sure the T piece is fitted correctly.

the noise is often caused by pulses of airflow.
a lot of gauges come with a dampener, often just a restrictor in the T piece. make sure the T piece is fitted correctly.

How can you incorrectly install the T? All hoses are pushed on hard and I also put small cable ties around the hoses in the centre of the barbs...

Ok, I'll try anything at this stage before I go back to Autobarn tomorrow.

I'll post up what happens when I swap it end for end.

just have a look to see which end has the restrictor and make sure that goes to the guage.
if it doesn't have a restrictor you may have to make a dampener. i think vdo use a tube filled with foam.

Well I just re-checked the fitting instructions and there's no mention of the hose T having to be in a certain way. Also the end that goes to the gauge is a smaller barb than the ones that go in the line itself. Still think the gauge is noisey and should get it replaced.

Ok, so I went back to autobarn today and swapped the gauge for another. There was a big difference in the noise being a lot quieter. It still made a little noise at high boost but very little. All this was done with the radio off so when I drove home had the radio on at my normal level and I didn't notice any noise so I can live with that.

Thanks tony and tweake for your input.

Latest posts

Back