Nearly lost to the indian ocean

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizz007

Reaction score
Thought i would show you my adventure at the weekend , well in short the beach was hell boggy 4 hrs digging and pull out ,one snatching then getting bogged then the other way round, then bogged the tide changed on the way back along the beach ,lucky for me there were some guys in the dunes with a winch who finaly got me out (big big thanks to them), then camped the nite and on the way out rolled a tyre off the rim ,

DSCF0281.jpg

DSCF0283.jpg

DSCF0292.jpg

DSCF0305.jpg

yer the triton was the brother inlaws and it got lockers in aswell , thank god for the guy camping with the winch or it would off been buy buy navara me thinks

had a good work out tho digging lol arms are killing me

I bet you wont be forgetting that trip in a hurry.

So have you asked santa for a set of maxtrax yet??

After looking at those pics i think i will be adding a set to my shopping list before the next beach trip, and maybe an anchor for the winch.

so lucky you got out of that mess and the utes got to fight another day.

Trips like that will stay with you forever, they're great - and even better for turning out well.

As Nathan points out, some MaxTraxx would be highly beneficial. You could also use Bushranger Trax. Both types are good, the Bushranger ones fold up for easier storage. I think they're cheaper too.

Ah, the joys of beach driving in southern WA. I used to run the tyres on my Patrol at 12-15 PSI just to stay mobile. Luckily we never had a tyre let go. Totally different to east coast sand driving I found. East coast - wait for the tide to go out and drive on the wet sand. West coast - stay the hell away from the wet sand at any time and drive right at the base of the dunes. My first time just north of Mindarie hit the beach with tyres at 20 PSI - straight down to the axles. Oh the joy of it.

we had two sets off max tracks they helped alot when we were bogged i never leave home with out them , it was just the water comimng upto the car that was the worry , some better tyres and a winch next i think , the guy with the winch pulled me out with no stress at all,

we often go alkimos near mindarie ,but thought we would further north this time, all was good in the end tho, and will be a trip to remember.

DSCF0290.jpg

DSCF0291.jpg

DSCF0288.jpg

actually, going with a triton was his second mistake, his first was being in a d40.

:sarcastic:

ha ha
thank god i have a d22
with a winch
did u catch any fish ??
a friend of mine made his own maxxtrax using cut up milk crates cable tied together and they have saved him when he was in a similar situation
apart from getting stuck i bet u had a good weekend
i love beach fishing/camping

Remember a winch will add 40kg on its own to the front of your vehicle, then there's the weight of the support gear - if you keep your alloy nudge bar, you can get a frame build behind it to support a winch but your number plate will have to move.

Looks like road tyres which should have ridden on the sand better than (say) muddies so that sand must have been awfully soft. Might be worth the additional weight to get a hitch receiver front and rear and a winch that can go into a receiver (you can buy the frames that the winch mounts on) so you can winch yourself in either direction. Bury the spare in the sand and away you go. Consider replacing the steel winch cable with the lighter stuff and don't forget a dampener or two in case the cable breaks.

Bloody hell.....that would have got the heart pumping. Glad it turned out well for you tizz.

loks like it did get a little wet, i hope you have been washing it fir the last 2 days!!, good to see that you got it out though, that looks like some crazy soft sand!!!!

bryan

Back