Navara! Can I do it?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obviously there's no worry with the clutch in the autos!

The second one looks bloody good, I'd have to wonder why it was being sold so cheap. It does have 232,000km so it's a little longer in the tooth but as long as the timing chain sounds good up front it should be ok. Other issues to consider are the suction control valve faults and with that age, it might be asking for new injectors which can be sourced a LOT cheaper than Nissan supply them for.

The others are RX models which as pointed out are less refined.

I wouldn't look at the model with air bags. I have no love for these devices and wish they weren't invented. It's possible to bend the chassis with airbags fitted and that could easily mean a write-off.

The last one you've found is also worth a closer look, same caveats as before (timing chain etc).

Ew yea I did hear about that issue, also the clutch aswell?
Here is another, most suited to me aswell.
http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Nissan-Navara-2005/SSE-AD-2177710/?Cr=1

looks the goods.

So does the 2nd both 2005 STX so will be nicer in side. I believe they are the top of the line for that year.

I wouldn't look at the model with air bags. I have no love for these devices and wish they weren't invented.

Ive had mine (like many others on this site) for many years now, no problems Tony. You seem to have a severe problem with them.
Anytime air bags are mentioned you have nothing but negative feedback . Have you ever had air bag helpers in a car you've owned or are you just repeating a few bad stories you've come across on 4x4 forums?

Ive had mine (like many others on this site) for many years now, no problems Tony. You seem to have a severe problem with them.
Anytime air bags are mentioned you have nothing but negative feedback . Have you ever had air bag helpers in a car you've owned or are you just repeating a few bad stories you've come across on 4x4 forums?

I had air bags installed in the back of my Commodore. No drama there, chassis is designed to take the load at the point (of course).

I was stating a personal preference there - "I have no love for these devices" and I really should have been specific and said "on leaf spring suspended vehicles" because I found them to be great on the Commodore.

If they strengthen the area where the air bag makes contact with the chassis it would improve things, but even if you make the chassis 100% stronger around the impact zone, you still lose flexibility because your suspension can't compress as far as it would if the airbags aren't there.

I have and do acknowledge that some people find them useful and have no issues. Most of the "horror stories" relate to either overloading or not driving to the conditions. What was the last one, guy hit a causeway at 90km/h or something and the car + van went airborne? Not exactly the fault of the airbags and things could easily have gone pear-shaped without the airbags at those speeds.

But I have a preference against them, I prefer to use dual-rate springs because I get the support and the flexibility that I need.

Sorry if I come across as "negative all the time". They're good for some, not for me, and if you're asking me for my opinion about what my choice would be, I'd post it the same way again.

I had air bags installed in the back of my Commodore. No drama there, chassis is designed to take the load at the point (of course).

I was stating a personal preference there - "I have no love for these devices" and I really should have been specific and said "on leaf spring suspended vehicles" because I found them to be great on the Commodore.

If they strengthen the area where the air bag makes contact with the chassis it would improve things, but even if you make the chassis 100% stronger around the impact zone, you still lose flexibility because your suspension can't compress as far as it would if the airbags aren't there.

I have and do acknowledge that some people find them useful and have no issues. Most of the "horror stories" relate to either overloading or not driving to the conditions. What was the last one, guy hit a causeway at 90km/h or something and the car + van went airborne? Not exactly the fault of the airbags and things could easily have gone pear-shaped without the airbags at those speeds.

But I have a preference against them, I prefer to use dual-rate springs because I get the support and the flexibility that I need.

Sorry if I come across as "negative all the time". They're good for some, not for me, and if you're asking me for my opinion about what my choice would be, I'd post it the same way again.

Opinion is all we asked for. I agree with you the whole way wagons or coil springs utes air bags great. Leaf not so great we punish our Ute as is with out putting strain where is doesn't belong. But horses for courses

yep i had them in my commodore (rear coil springs)
ime with tony
i wouldnt have them on a leaf spring setup without major mods to contact point to spread load

Latest posts

Back