My 'newbie' Story

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mabbs22

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been raking these forums for a year and have only just decided to join up so with that i just thought i would share a brief little Navara story from the past year and a bit.

Brought the rig pretty much a year ago from my workplace as my first 4wd, with full books and all the rest.
Got a good 8 months out of it, slapping on the usual goodies, until the Zd30 decided to eat the Hitachi turbo (the main shaft snapped). Pics Below.
So 3 months and $10,000 later (much to the missus disgust) its back on the road/dirt with a brand new, bored out engine and a very whistle happy Garrett turbo. Pics to come when it stops raining.

I will defiantly have a ton of questions for the future mods of my little truck, especially the cheap ones haha.

Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

• 1185594_10151628506191659_1790146152_n.jpg
    1185594_10151628506191659_1790146152_n.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 15,291
  • 1234586_10151630145031659_408934594_n.jpg
    1234586_10151630145031659_408934594_n.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 108
Hi all,
I have been raking these forums for a year and have only just decided to join up so with that i just thought i would share a brief little Navara story from the past year and a bit.

Brought the rig pretty much a year ago from my workplace as my first 4wd, with full books and all the rest.
Got a good 8 months out of it, slapping on the usual goodies, until the Zd30 decided to eat the Hitachi turbo (the main shaft snapped). Pics Below.
So 3 months and $10,000 later (much to the missus disgust) its back on the road/dirt with a brand new, bored out engine and a very whistle happy Garrett turbo. Pics to come when it stops raining.

I will defiantly have a ton of questions for the future mods of my little truck, especially the cheap ones haha.

Thanks,
Matt

Same thing happened to my22, took the risk and bolted on a new turbo and sold it 60.000 kms latter, I think I used up all my luck the day the turbo self destructed, if you intend to keep it I would strongly suggest an intercooler for some much needed protection.

Kev

That's probably next on the list Kev as I intend to keep it for as long as possible now that it has used up my house deposit haha.

hi mate. Thats a lot of money to drop and q&a lot of pain. I put a top mount intercooler on mine to help ease the mind. There not cheap but i,m happy sith peace of mind, fore front industries on here are doing a front mount I/C for a lot less money than i paid for my top mount

Welcome to the forum.

You can't go past an intercooler - apart from having the COOLEST sticker on the side of your car with the word I N T E R C O O L E R plastered all the way across the bottom of the doors, it will provide you with a marginal performance improvement and as observed, well-needed protection from bad-tempered (pun intended) turbochargers.

There IS a way to assist the turbocharger in its longevity as well - basically, never stop the engine when the turbo is hot. Let the engine idle a little while if you've been working the turbo hard. If you can cruise home the last couple of minutes then it's okay to turn it off, but if you live at the TOP of the hill, another good investment is a turbo timer.

Welcome to the forum.

You can't go past an intercooler - apart from having the COOLEST sticker on the side of your car with the word I N T E R C O O L E R plastered all the way across the bottom of the doors, it will provide you with a marginal performance improvement and as observed, well-needed protection from bad-tempered (pun intended) turbochargers.

There IS a way to assist the turbocharger in its longevity as well - basically, never stop the engine when the turbo is hot. Let the engine idle a little while if you've been working the turbo hard. If you can cruise home the last couple of minutes then it's okay to turn it off, but if you live at the TOP of the hill, another good investment is a turbo timer.

An I N T E R C O O L E R sticker adds 25+ kw doesn't it? haha :rock::rofl:
I was thinking a water to air possibly from Frozen Boost.

Latest posts

Back