More worrying than Gonski or NDIS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a second there I thought this post was gonna dissolve into a conversation on poo much like the conversation on performance potato "chips" I read awhile back that I found very entertaining.

We are nothing if not adaptable, I'm sure we can get the thread around to your desired topic if you wish.

Most of the smugglers supporters are on their knees, bobbing their heads back and forth aren't they?

Nah there all batting off in glee, rubbing their hands together in anticipation of the election result, and the forthcoming tax cuts for mates in big business and lowering of what remains of workers wages and conditions

Well it's better than Tony's option which I believe is to place large posters of himself in just his budgies at all entry points

So that's how he plans to do it -- I see!

Would work better if he were porking Pauline in those posters!

If you see too much you will be blinded.

Oh geez that's a horrible picture..

For a second there I thought this post was gonna dissolve into a conversation on poo much like the conversation on performance potato "chips" I read awhile back that I found very entertaining.

I think you need to read this thread again from the beginning. You've assumed that we're not already talking shit. Please try again. :rofl:

Interesting discussions about Gonski and NDIS.

What I find more worrying tho, is that referendum has been mooted to take place on the September Federal election date. Apparently there is talk of a change to the constitution to recognise local Governments.

Why do I find this worrying? Our constitution is a terribly important document, and changes have been proposed, yet although I regard myself as relatively up to date on current affairs of state, this one has received such little press attention, I would suggest that a great many Australians probably can't provide a considered opinion on the subject.

What are your thoughts? Not about whether or not the change has merits, but about it being suggested with little in the way of informed public debate.

I think the problem is that if we change the constitution to recognize local councils, it will make it three levels of government protected by the constitution.
This in effect will make the Councils a power unto themselves.
They will legally be able to snub Federal /State government's.
This may affect the areas like the land and environment court.
Just think Local council would in theory be able to ban 4WD's for beaches/ open land without approval of the state government.( This would be a decision made by 6 to 10 counselors not the Lower and Upper houses of parliament)
Don't forget the Council is overseen by the State government's Dept of local government, this keeps them in line, and has the power to sack councils which it has done in the past.
This will disappear if it gets in.
Just on another point, Our Constitution. It is a fantastic document.
Now if we ever become a Republic we lose it.
We will have to draw up a new Constitution. and lets face it, politicians think that they control, us not work for us. Can you imagine the shit that they will impose on us. and the rights that we will lose. Its not about the Queen or the Flag. Its about our Freedom, that was drawn up by people who cared for the people of this country.

Very well thought through post Paul - but are you sure it belongs in a thread that we've hijacked to talk shit?

On the other hand a no vote will mean direct funding for local projects by a federal gubament will be unconstitutional !

Latest posts

Back