meryla 15th march

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Date Do You Want to Go To Meryla

• 22 Feb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Mar

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 8 Mar

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • 15 Mar

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Let me find a link for you. We paid a deposit for it on Friday, it's in the workshop right now having the oven fitted and by rights should be ready tomorrow but we should be picking her up (if they're on time) this Friday.

Here's a link to the van on the manufacturer's site. Ours looks pretty much the same - if you went to the Newcastle show this weekend just gone and walked into the New Age bunk van they had on display, you might have noticed the 'SOLD' sign on the window - because that van is the one we've bought.

Let me find a link for you. We paid a deposit for it on Friday, it's in the workshop right now having the oven fitted and by rights should be ready tomorrow but we should be picking her up (if they're on time) this Friday.

Here's a link to the van on the manufacturer's site. Ours looks pretty much the same - if you went to the Newcastle show this weekend just gone and walked into the New Age bunk van they had on display, you might have noticed the 'SOLD' sign on the window - because that van is the one we've bought.

She's a flash unit Tony!! looks 5star inside and HUGE! what are those units weighing in at??

2150kg dry, 2550kg full with an option for the GVM to be 2750kg if I want.

We won't need it - it has 140L of water on board, I'm adding 80L myself, and a solar panel at some point in the future plus another battery and we still won't exceed the 400kg.

oh so you mean "real" camping :p

whats the cost on the new van? looks mint!

Either camping is real, technically, but we're gonna do the tent thing again, there's no way we're hauling this thing around the tracks! :rofl2:

The van retails for $56K or thereabouts. We got a good deal on it, they gave us a great trade in price and they threw in the oven. We're not unhappy!

Sorry guys once again i have found out that I cannot make this trip. I have a commitment that I can't get out of. Would be nice to finally do a trip you guys. I'm sure I'll get the chance.

Sam.

Either camping is real, technically, but we're gonna do the tent thing again, there's no way we're hauling this thing around the tracks! :rofl2:

The van retails for $56K or thereabouts. We got a good deal on it, they gave us a great trade in price and they threw in the oven. We're not unhappy!

Mr Money bags! can i have a loan? :p

aslong as you are happy mate. Looks like a nice rig :)

First Page is now updated

we have 12 confirmed members coming -

Samcubus dropped out - hopefully next time you can come

not long now

then if everyone is keen next time we can all go back to Yalwal and camp at wombat flats

what can we expect on this trip? just so i can get my truck ready. Im really unfamil with the area so dont want to break the truck or run into any issues while we are out there..

water crossings? So i can extend diff breathers and what not?
mud?
i need to add some tow points on the D22 aswell

dont want to ruin everyones weekend by not being prepared..

Keen for this trip, any idea what kind of Terrian to expect? Rocky? Hill climb? Creek crossings?

G'day auz, Meryla has a bit of everything but mostly nothing :confused3:

In all seriousness it is all pretty mild, it does have a few creek crossings but with the lack of rain they will be almost non existent.
There is one hill climb that is short with multiple lines and can be a bit tricky in the wet, i would say it is a medium to hard climb that changes a little every time i go due to other cars and weather.

everywhere else is all easy and most can be done in a soft roader, but the area is really spectacular in places with some awesome views looking down huge escarpments and at the end of the drive we will finish up at Fitzroy Falls and more great views.

what can we expect on this trip? just so i can get my truck ready. Im really unfamil with the area so dont want to break the truck or run into any issues while we are out there..

water crossings? So i can extend diff breathers and what not?
mud?
i need to add some tow points on the D22 aswell

dont want to ruin everyones weekend by not being prepared..

Have a read from page 10 if there is anything else let me know.

Im out. I forgot its my cousins bucks weekend up at the Gold coast, and being a groomsman at the wedding the following weekend i best be going to the bucks. I just wish it wasnt up at the Goldy and wasnt costing a small fortune to go.

Im out. I forgot its my cousins bucks weekend up at the Gold coast, and being a groomsman at the wedding the following weekend i best be going to the bucks. I just wish it wasnt up at the Goldy and wasnt costing a small fortune to go.

Congrats to your cousin - family comes first

I just had my surgery and should be ok still for this trip

I guess I'll ask Brendan to lead the way for us

Congrats to your cousin - family comes first

I just had my surgery and should be ok still for this trip

I guess I'll ask Brendan to lead the way for us

Glad to hear all went well with the surgery mate, all the best with your recovery.

I will catch up with you soon dude.

best regards,
Nath

Glad to hear all went well with the surgery mate, all the best with your recovery.

I will catch up with you soon dude.

best regards,
Nath

Speaking of which (just to get a technicality out of the way), you are the nomnomnominated person to show people to camp areas on this trip. If you want to run a few Google Map locations past me I can put them in my GPS system so we can find them.

We're actually staying the Friday night in the area as well, we should get there fairly late but we wanted to have a good rest before the long day. Lithgow was great but if we do THAT again, we'll take the van up to Newnes first and then have a short drive after a good night's sleep.

Anyway, example of what I'm after:

Main camp area used by most people is in the cleared area here.

Now, that link might not be pointing to the right place and its description might not be right, but with links like that, I can zoom out, work out a path to it and enter its coordinates into OSMAND on my tablet, phone and my in-dash system so that no matter what, we should be able to get a path in to it. If we had a few of these, we could go in any direction that took our fancy (or the terrain required).

That link you gave Tony is ok and is one of the spots i would of shown you, it is also the easiest or most straight forward to get to, BUT as such it can be or could be a place where some young blokes might come at night for a bit of circle work (im not sure never camped in that spot).

I have seen a few families camped just to the left of that clearing as you see it on the map you provided, much smaller clearing and a little more out of the way.

you will also see a few other clearings on you travels through out the day and any of those can be used if you choose.

my favourite spot (maybe not for others ) is the smallest area is down by the river at the "boat ramp" this track is by far the most secluded and least likely to have any other traffic.
It is off a track that leads directly off Meryla Rd, it has a side trail around a gate that stacks of people use, i believe the gate is only there to stop people taking boats down to the river, they have never blocked off the side track as you will need to be in 4wd to get through the first 50m
If you look at the link below you will see that there is also a side track about 200m off the road that leads to another clearing, this would be ideal if there ends up being a few of you as the spot down by the river is small and last time i saw it getting smaller, but fro a few swags and a tent i would stay down there no probs others may think not, i like to be near the river and prob would be up all night trying to catch some sort of fish from the river.

Anyway when you look at the map follow the trail to the water and you will see a small clearing.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/mypl...393283&spn=0.011194,0.01929&ctz=-660&t=h&z=16

All the other spots are hard to point out on the map due to the trees, so they really are best to be shown on the day, unfortunately i wont be able to do that so those few i pointed out are prob the best i can do with out actually being there.

The other alternative is to drop down the hill after you come out at Fitzroy Falls to Kangaroo Valley and stay out off Bendeela Rd, if not there are two van parks down there.

Or duck back to Bundanoon and camp here, depending on where you end up coming out its not that far.
http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/morton-national-park/gambells-rest/camping

Back