Major service 200,000k's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nismo4x4

Reaction score
Major service 200,000k's how much?

Hey guys,

Im just curious if anyone has paid to get a major service for 200,000k's i purchased the d40 at 160,000km's ...i currently have 225,000k's and really should get a major service done...any ideas cost? $1500ish? iv got the service manual but doesnt say anything about 200k's. Iv been doing the service myself every 10,000k's since 160000.

do they look at water pump/timing chain/replace diff/transfer case oils etc?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
I don't remember who told me or where I read it, but my understanding is that a "major" service is every 40,000km and the price tags at the dealers seem to agree.

That's the recipe I'd follow. Timing chains, glow plugs, injectors etc as required but servicing my car will follow the handbook regime where odd-number (10 or 30) is minor, 20K is middle of the road and 40K is all fluids except the tranny.

No offence intended to any guys out there in stilettos.

Interesting that they mention in the main list (what the service includes) to "Replace Gearbox Oil" (2nd last item) then in the "extras" section below it says replacing the gearbox oil is at extra cost.

Other than that it looks much like a 40/80 service (including cabin filters, good job). Nissan are charging somewhere just over the $1K mark for those.

I just bought the parts to do a major on my D40
Oil
Oil filter
Fuel filter
Air filter
Diff oils
Transfer case oil
Brake fluid
Steer fluid
Fan belts and new idler pullies
Cost around $500 just for the parts so I'm guessing what the stealership charges to do the work aswell isn't all that bad if you can't do it yourself.

Latest posts

Back