Low fuel warning light

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siringo

Reaction score
In a 2010 D40. The manual says the low fuel warning light comes on when the fuel is getting low, but how low?

Anyone know how much fuel is left when this light comes on??

18 litres is still a fair bit left in once the light comes on. I've never had mine down to the light yet, but mines a D22.

Mitch

Mines also about 15-16, I can usually do about 140-150ks and still hit the servo with fuel in the tank.

Singo do a search either on this forum or on the net for Scanguage. It's an ECU reader that works with all ODBII ports (D40's have had ODBII since about 06 D22's only the last year or so) and reports different functions. Their website (Oz or US) will give you more details.

Thanks for the info folks, seems that about 15 litres is where we stand. I ran mine down to just when the needle begins to go under the red on the gauge and squeezed in 69.9 litres, I could see the fuel in the filler neck. Which makes me think I had about 9 litres left as 1 litre would have sat in the filler neck I'm guessing.

Mileage isn't great, but I'm hoping it will improve once the motor gets a few more thousand K's on it.

Between auto switch off and full to the top of the pipe on mine is about 1.7 litres. This does vary a little bit because occasionally the froth of diesel does rise depending on the speed your pumping it in but in general I get about 1.7 after the switch off.

When the fuel light went on on my nav (only happened once) I had done between 650 and 700km and when I filled up it took 70 litres. I fill it to when I can see the fuel.

Damn cars that want to think for themselves. As stated above my Nav's low fuel light used to come on at 15-16 litres with the odd time where it came on at 18 which I figured was a close enough percentage error to allow for sloshing around and filling a bit more one fill than another. But yesterday the stupid bloody thing came on with only 9 litres left (probably a good thing too because I hadn't even looked at the fuel gauge and wasn't contemplating a fuel stop in yesterday's pissing rain until I heard that beep).

Filling up confirmed SG's readings to within 0.2l so now it looks like I have to consider a swing of 9 litres when my low fuel light comes on instead of the 3-4 I once did. Lucky it's not often I am more than 90ks from a servo so the fuel light coming on under current figures shouldn't ever effect me but relying on a fuel gauge alone these days may not be a wise move.

Do you get a 'bell' sound when the light comes on??? I don't I just get a light. So many differences in these bloody models.

I've been driving a '90 Laser the past 2 weeks. Been trying to work out how far I can go on a tankful. I got 65 k's out of it after the thing went under empty, filled it up as I got tired of waiting for it to splutter.

Reckon I'm saving 30L a week in Laser.

Do you get a 'bell' sound when the light comes on??? I don't I just get a light. So many differences in these bloody models.

Heheh yeah it made me jump. I'd been on the road for about an hour and hadn't once looked at the fuel gauge and therefore wasn't expecting to hear anything and when it went off I wondered what the f*&k was going on!

In a 2010 D40. The manual says the low fuel warning light comes on when the fuel is getting low, but how low?

Anyone know how much fuel is left when this light comes on??

I know when my 2.5 4x4 Diesel low fuel light comes on, I can still travel at least another 70km at about 90km/h.

According to my SGII I have 26 ltrs left when the bell tolls and the light comes on.....fill up and it takes around 134 ltrs - but I have tossed the OEM tank and installed a 160ltr OL tank. Just filled up in Ulladulla (where I now live) and along with 20ltrs petrol for the boat... $252 - gotta love the falling price of fuel eh :)

I had my complete Sender unit in the tank replaced on my brand new d40.

The light was coming on and the car ran out of diesel nearly straight away and would only take 55-60 litres to fill up! Apparently the unit was damaged and wouldn't float down past a point in the tank to be able to pick up more diesel.

So I can't trust no stinking light! Haha

Back