Loving my 2012 ST

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obr1en

Reaction score
I've been looking around these forums for quite a bit now and now have got to s stage I can start modding my Nav.

Here's my 2012 ST bought from new and now ready to start ticking of my wishlist. Absolutely love this thing to drive so comfortable and I think it looks great. Looking to set up for touring/ weekend trips etc (should look even greater!)

Have just fitted reverse light and have LED strip lighting to go in the tub.

A set of Maxxis Bighorn 762's to go on the 17s next week and then start looking into a lift and snorkel. Still to decide what brands etc.

Anyway loving all the info on this forum and looking forward to getting bit more involved. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1703.jpg
    IMG_1703.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 15,830
  • IMG_1752.jpg
    IMG_1752.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_1864.jpg
    IMG_1864.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 420
Maxxis Bighorns fitted on Friday and went out for a run Saturday morning.
Have to say they look great and are awesome in the mud.
The 265/70/17 have given a decent bit of clearance so now to decide on lift for her (2").
I bent both of the ridiculously low side steps and the factory plastic 'protection' plate under the motor was involuntary removed from the ute so am thinking either some Ironman or TJM underbody plates may be money well spent.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387277669.454296.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387277680.971254.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387277696.087501.jpg

New rubber is always good.
I wouldnt waist any $$ on ironman plates if you have a few more dollars go for Brown Davis or ARB.
As you found out they will cop a hiding and those two re by far the best on the market and you will be stoked you spent the extra coin.

I have the ironman plates, they are not totally shit but I'd still spend the extra and get browns.

Thanks for the reply guys I will have a look at the ARB and Brown Davis products over the Christmas break.

Has anyone got a ironman snorkel and what are they like? Cheers

I have seen a few of their snorkels but only on patrols.
They look pretty much like the safari, the only difference was the logo was on a slant and one of the owners wasnt impressed, iMO it was no big deal.

Hi mate I'd recommend the arb bash guards... Just fit a set up on my '12 ST.. they are great

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387439718359.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387439718359.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 349
I have the same maxxis bighorns mate, also rate them. Good bang for buck, not too noisy on the black stuff either. I got a set of bash plates from Basha Australia and i'm pretty happy with them, mind you I haven't given them a good workout yet. Heres a link to them if you want a look mate. http://www.bashaaustralia.com/#!product/prd1/955764154/nissan-navara-d40-v6-4cyl-diesel-bashplate-2012-on[/URL]

I have seen a few of their snorkels but only on patrols.
They look pretty much like the safari, the only difference was the logo was on a slant and one of the owners wasnt impressed, iMO it was no big deal.

Yeah I think I will end up going the ironman, well priced and I think they look the goods. Just a matter of if I fit myself or get it fitted now.

Hi mate I'd recommend the arb bash guards... Just fit a set up on my '12 ST.. they are great

Hey mate what sort of price did you get the ARB plates for?

I have bush skinz bash plate haven't hit anything yet but 4mm of steel should fo the job nicely

So fitted GME UHF over the X-mas break just on a bonnet gutter mount for now and just got a Ironman Snorkel.

Sussing out whether to fit it myself or get it fitted. Was quoted $150 for install but I like the idea of knowing myself that I have sealed everything up nicely, just not the thought of drilling the 102mm hole in the guard.

I think next I'll look at doing the 2" lift and then a bulbar after that.

Slowly starting to get there!

Nice ute mate, let us know how you get on with bash plates I'm in the market for now aswell.

Bash plates still on the list to do.

Fitted an Ironman Snorkel this weekend wasn't to keen on cutting a 102mm hole in the panel but i guess you got to do what ya gota do. Pretty easy job and instructions are almost straight forward.

Turned out nice and neat and hopefully shes sealed up nicely.
Got to love that induction sound!

Attachments

• DSC_0645.JPG
    DSC_0645.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC_0648.jpg
    DSC_0648.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_3703.jpg
    IMG_3703.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 220
Bit of a quick weekend job. Sprayed the wheels black. Just used engine enamel. MCC bar ordered. Recovery points ordered. 42" LED Lightbar on its way so hopefully this weekend is productive.

I have been trying to read into best way to complete dual battery. With the smart alt whether removing green wire or running a Dc-Dc charger. Any opinions on what others have done with theirs?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398688562.391788.jpg

Bit of a quick weekend job. Sprayed the wheels black. Just used engine enamel. MCC bar ordered. Recovery points ordered. 42" LED Lightbar on its way so hopefully this weekend is productive.

I have been trying to read into best way to complete dual battery. With the smart alt whether removing green wire or running a Dc-Dc charger. Any opinions on what others have done with theirs?
View attachment 15175

Just get the right dc-dc and you'll be sweet

Latest posts

Back