Lokka

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yetti2688

Reaction score
Carnt wait to place my order for my locker next week :) can anybody give me some advice with installing or do and donts

the single most important thing is the cross pin to lokka clearances. it has to be EVEN ie same clearance on both sides.

follow the instructions in the box and with some basic mechanical knowledge you know be right, might need a dial indicator and magnetic base with your tools.

it depends a bit on which brand, some instructions are not that good

lokkaiso.jpg

see the pin the centre, just measure from the side of that to the lokka.
measure both sides. if they are different you may need to replace a gear shim (seen at the far sides in the pic)

if there is to much difference you will just end up breaking pins or the lokka.

The instructions that came with it are vague to be polite.
a thread in the diy section by 180degrees joe will help you heaps.
Print it out if you can.
Im talking about 4wd systems lokka.

You will need some mechanical nouse, and a vise, though I used a trestle and a clamp in place of a vice.
If you can fit it yourself its well worth it not just for the money saved but so you know clearances are right.

Yea im getting my mechanic mate to help me im preety mechanicaly minded just when it comes to technical shit like this im bound to guck it up and just weld the thing together LOL :p

My lokka has been sitting on the back floor of my nav for weeks now. It's killing me. Hope you get yours installed a dm sight quicker than I have mine.

it depends a bit on which brand, some instructions are not that good

lokkaiso.jpg

see the pin the centre, just measure from the side of that to the lokka.
measure both sides. if they are different you may need to replace a gear shim (seen at the far sides in the pic)

if there is to much difference you will just end up breaking pins or the lokka.

G' day tweaks,

As farken usual great piece of advice!

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

Latest posts

Back