leaking injector pump

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffb7449

Reaction score
Has anyone had to replace input shaft seal on their injector pump?. Mine appears to be leaking diesel into sump according to a diesel fitter I spoke to. The sump level raised about 1/2 inch within 500klms.

I have heard of it before but don't remember if it was here or the patrol forum. Google " engine making oil" and see what you find.

i have not found any information on any special procedures etc for pump removel etc does any one have experience with this?

Be confident that it is the pump and not the injector spill line as this is also inside the engine and it can leak and have the same result diesel into engine oil.

I spoke to diesel Australia today and he says to check spill/return line as well he says it is unlikely to be the pump. I will have to investigate on the weekend.

very rare for it to be the spill line unless its broken. that because the pump sucks fuel from it, ie its under vacuum and tend to suck air in rather than leak fuel out. its only when you use the primer pump or fit a lift pump that it leaks fuel.

there is a special procedure for taking the pump out otherwise its a major pain to get the timing right when it goes back in.

does the engine oil smell like diesel?
i would take a sample and get it tested.
i certainly would not drive it. i'm surprised the turbo hasn't blown. i would check the turbo to. diesel in the oil stuffs the turbo's really quickly.

Just wondering what you ended up finding ?

My ZD30 nav is also increasing the oil level in the sump in a short distance.

well I checked the spill/return line no problem so I removed injector pump (fun job) and it is with diesel Australia getting new front seal and recalibrated. hopefully this will fix problem. When driven lightly it does not seem to leak much but when driven hard ie loaded it fills sump fairly quick. Will have to see when I refit pump.

I have been thinking about removing egr valve permanently for ease to injector lines etc.
Has anyone done this?

Yeah someone on here has done it before as they mounted and EGT probe in where the flange would bolt to it at the exhaust manifold end. I believe you have to leave the EGR unit there itself and just remove all of the steel lines and blank them all off at all ends to keep everything sealed properly.

had injector pump checked it checked out okay. Still don't no where fuel came from will have to reassemble and check all connections etc and keep an eye on it.

Did you get the pump re-calibrated at the same time as well, if so did it make the car drive any differently at all? and maybe pop the rocker cover off and replace all the copper washers on the injector spill line.

Back