Kimberley Trip May 2014

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a great trip, congratulations.

I was just thinking yesterday I might think about planning a trip along the Savannah Way.

Yeah I didn't have a stone deflector and it had slipped my mind to cover it with anything...a mistake I'll only make once!! Cost to replace was $360 delivered to Broome. Pretty straightforward luckily and my brother and I knocked it over in about an hour.
I met plenty of people with deflectors as well that have had the rear window blown out so precautions still need to be followed.
I would say the deflector is more for trailer protection than window safety.

I must give a good report to Minshull's Mechanical (ARB Rep) who got it in for me. Very helpful guys.

I saw a very neat window cover on a 200 series that was like a clear slick on cover which may be of interest if you guys ever are looking for something.

The rest of the trip we used the cardboard from the new window, cut out the holes for handles and a bit of duct tape to get it through.

Thanks for that !

I have plans to do something very similar to this in the not to distant future

If you come from Perth up try and avoid the roadhouses as the standard cost is 1.99 for diesel at nearly all of them. Not sure towards the East sorry.

Hmm, note to self, "remember the cardboard".

Not that I am planning on doing anywhere near as much dirt as you have but the front of the van has copped a fair bit during excursions on the dirt to date, and after dropping tyre pressures, I always forget about the back window.

Not having a great range anyway, I usually fill up at every opportunity so it sort of evens out the price of fuel. At least that's what I try to convince myself.

Hmm, note to self, "remember the cardboard".

Not that I am planning on doing anywhere near as much dirt as you have but the front of the van has copped a fair bit during excursions on the dirt to date, and after dropping tyre pressures, I always forget about the back window.

Not having a great range anyway, I usually fill up at every opportunity so it sort of evens out the price of fuel. At least that's what I try to convince myself.

Haha, that's what I said. You have to pay for it so just suck it up I suppose!! I actually thought the camper got away lightly but it's been well rock blasted!

Back