Just order my new navara today!!!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andotj

Reaction score
I just brought a new navara today and can not wait to pick it up in January, I plan to do so much too it, but I want to know what the best spotlights are out there. ? Can anyone help

Really is down to personal choice and also what you have on the front end of your Nav, be it a Nudge Bar, Bull Bar or nothing at all. This will determine what you can fit and where. Just to note that all lights on a vehicle (in WA at least) must be in pairs. I have seen a number of 4x4s with 3 spotties in front of the grill and it would take a pretty pedantic cop to pull you over but it is still illegal.

I spent some weeks researching spotties and decided on the Lightforce 240 XGTs. They really do make a difference and I would buy them again.

Like everything though they have their pros and cons such as cost, they are a target for the scum of the earth (thieves) and to get the spread effect you have to buy filter lens for them that are also easy to walk off with. They do however turn night into day.

Most people will recommend HIDs no matter what the brand. I will concur but again, this will add to the cost. For example, my XGTs cost me $550 for the pair (non HID) but will set you back $700 each if they are HIDs.

Welcome to the forum!

+1 on Dave's advice. You need somewhere to mount the spotties. I am considering changing my IPFs over to HIDs - the halogens are good, but 100W HID > 100W Halogen by a very, very large margin.

The best lights to get are the ones with metal backing. After a few years, many of the plastic ones distort enough to let water inside the housing and that's really bad for the reflector.

Have a look through people's garages here to gauge the look of different brands of lights and mounting methods - a LOT of us have pics of our front ends.

You will find that round spotties will ALWAYS look like they're mounted perfectly, and rectangular spotties will sometimes look like they're on a bad angle (depending on viewing angle etc). If you're fussy about appearance, go the round ones.

Welcome too the forum, like the guys said it up to personal choice, some like huge light some like smaller. I have a set of narva ultima 175's on my Nav and I think they do the job fine. I don't want too see 2km ahead, just see whats in front of me clearly.
But the new HID lights are definitely better .

Last edited:
Congrats mate and welcome.
Driving lights another personal preference thing. Just put some LightForce 210 Genesis (one spread one pencil) on my Nav very happy with them not so much for distance up the road, although good but for the quality of the light output really nice throw and no bright or dark spots. Could of brought the 240 Blitz for less but looks like there is 2 ww2 anti aircraft search lights hanging off the front.

Latest posts

Back