Jest_r`s d22 build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jest_r

Reaction score
So i bought my 2006 d22 2nd hand a couple of months ago, pretty much stock, except factory bullbar, side steps and rear bar.
didnt take long for the upgrade bug to bite.
1st mod was the snorkle, bought from scintex australia for $189 delivered to my door. very happy with product, good quality and comes with template instructions and all parts needed (except hole saws).
matressandcar608.jpg

matressandcar609.jpg

next i wanted a bit more power so ive started on a series of steps.
1st i orded my chip and boost controller from chip it, then to allow for the extra power the car goes in next week for new exhaust system, as well as the install of a front mount intercooler, picked it up for $180 delivered to door, it is an upgrade for the turbo xr6. just need to have the intercooling pipe done.
photo.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

That's a pretty big cooler mate!! That's going to restrict air flow to your radiator

Doesn't take long for the mod bug to bite. That's a big cooler you've got, interested to see how it goes.

ive been driving round for almost a week with out piping hooked up to see if it makes any difference to engine tempratures. so far the needle hasnt changed, been giving it some long hills flat to the floor and has not made a difference yet. still got atleast another week before pipework gets started, so im just continuing to try and push it to see if it effects temps.
i was alittle surprised when it arrived at the size, it was the upgrade for the xr6 intercooler, aparently only gave it an extra 20kw. so i wasnt expecting too much size difference. worst case senareo, im sure i can find someone with a xr6 who wants to do a swap on there intercooler but thought it was worth ago. still waiting on my egt gauge and boost gauge to arrive before pipe work and exhaust can done, want the exhaust shop to fit probe at the same time.

finally got intercooler pipe work and 2.5inch exhaust put on, Phat Pipes @ Kallangur did an awsome job, am happy with the results, just waiting on my chip and boost controller to arrive.
photo10.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo8.jpg

next mod will be to relocate the pump to other side of engine bay, see if i can find a new air filter box that will fit inbetween intercooler piping and front corner, so the dual battery can be added in under the bonnet, as well as find a new home for windscreen washer bottle.

so finally got my "chip it" chip installed and working today. WOW what a difference, i was a bit concerned that the rig was still going to be under powered for my liking, but....i think it will do just niclely for now :) moved the jumper up the high end for the highest tune and it gave me even more of a grin when driving down the road. hoping if i get time over the weekend to install the boost controller, only needs a little more psi as recommended. a big thumbs up to chip it for the after sales support, i had a few issues getting the chip to work, but after a bit coaching over the phone we had the problem sorted. now have chip it chips on both my nav and triton, highly recommend to anyone in the market for a chip.
Also started on the stereo install, just need to finish building the sub box to complete the installation, will throw some pics up when its done.

Back