Is snake racing worth it

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonno_d40

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I own a 2007 stx d40 and need some height. I've been thinking bout the 5" lift on snake racing. Has anyone done this? Did you find any problems? And once fitted does anything else need to be done?

Thankyou in advance

Jonno

Hey mate, a friend of mine got a lift kit off him for his hilux a few years ago, I can't for the life of me remember what part it was but one part kept cracking the welds, he had it replaced under warranty twice when it happened a third time he welded a plate over where it cracked and hasn't had a problem since. The biggest drama was actually dealing with them in his case, they didn't believe him that it was faulty any of the times. Any ways apart from that he was pretty happy with the kit.

If your looks to get your rear diff higher and such just go a 2inch lift with a 2inch body lift, legal in most states and if you heat gun the front guards you can fit 33's for a quarter of the cost of getting you the snake kit that requires mod plateing and wont be fun to get done.

Unless you plan on running 35's or bigger all you need is a 2" lift. I have a 2" lift on my D40 and run 16x8's with 33's and no scrubbing at all, just came back from the Vic High Country fully loaded. Just need to attack the guards with a mashy and a heat gun. If you are gonna run 35's+ from I've been told alot of the driveline of the D40's will have problems handling the stress.

Any suggestions on where to get the 2" lift then? I'm probably only gonna run 31's or 32's anyway

Depends how much money you want to spend, I'm currently running ironman and it's the cheapest at about 1200. Working quite well for now, haven't had any problems with it.

Money not an issue. But I've been talking to Matt from monster rides and I'm pretty excited bout his product. Not gonna be ready till hopefully end of march but he's talking between 3 and 4" without affecting cv angle. I think I'm gonna wait it out and run with that.

I really don't think the calmini kit is worth it. You pay alot of money for lift blocks and extended shackles. The only thing in their kit worth having is the drop diff kit and the rear shocks. My d40 is in need of new suspension now my ironman kit has fallen to pieces and i will be waiting for the monster rides kit. If that doesn't work out it will be prg products for the front and a custom leaf pack.

Latest posts

Back