Is it only my D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k.crough

Reaction score
Hi, I hope Navara lovers.

I have purchased a D40 STX (from new) 08 which now has 65k on the clock . In that 2yrs that we have travelled the West and East coasts of Aus.

The first issue we had was with the injector pump, although covered by warranty it took Nissan 5 weeks to fix. The second issue was the Automatic transmission which, on initial start up would not engage , again 5 weeks to fix the problem.

Neither agent (Nissan Dealers) one in Melb and the other in Qld could make a decision without the approval of head office , my point is that if these mechanics are so well trained (as they tell us) WHY!!! cant they the dealers have some autonomy in the decision making process , and same us weeks of concern.

Oh and by the way both front door locks have failed.

Thanks for listening I needed to get that off my chest.

Last edited:
Welcome K.C.

Unfortunately yes dealers have to gt approval from head office for repairs otherwise the dealership themselves could wear the cost of a valid warranty job. It's similar with salesman, if you try to bargain a price hard enough they salesman will get the principle involved and he gets the final say. the only real difference is that to them sales is a psychological game where they are trying to get you to spend the maximum and will do whatever they can to make it happen.

Unfortunately the wait time doesn't sound all that unusual either all manufacturers are slack when it comes to warranty repairs, it took my dealer 4 weeks to get a steering wheel in stock.

I have purchased a D40 STX (from new) 08 which now has 65k on the clock . In that 2yrs that we have travelled the West and East coasts of Aus.

The first issue we had was with the injector pump, although covered by warranty it took Nissan 5 weeks to fix. The second issue was the Automatic transmission which, on initial start up would not engage , again 5 weeks to fix the problem.

Neither agent (Nissan Dealers) one in Melb and the other in Qld could make a decision without the approval of head office , my point is that if these mechanics are so well trained (as they tell us) WHY!!! cant they the dealers have some autonomy in the decision making process , and same us weeks of concern.

Thanks for listening I needed to get off my chest

Thanks for listening I needed to get off my chest

Welcome to the forum.

The simple answer to your question about why Nissan have to approve everything is that Head Office will look at every scenario possible to try and get out of covering a repair under warranty. They are pricks. I have had a number of run-ins with them and so have a number of other forum members.

Sorry to hear you have had issues with the car.

Welcome to the forum.

We're approaching 40,000km now, have had NO issues with the fuel system. In fact, the car's pretty much been a Wednesday vehicle. The auto transmission has been flawless despite being given a good workout (hauling 1.8T through the outback, gonna do it again this Christmas).

Only thing disappointing is the Lego(TM) bonnet retention strap.

Not everyone has a bad one, and while not many people rush out and stick their hands up and say "mine's ok!", I'm happy to do that.

Latest posts

Back