ipod/itunes help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crack

Reaction score
Gday all

Ive got an ipod and have never had problems getting music on ipod through i tunes. But now my missus has an iphone and used the itunes on our computer to put music on her iphone. Now the problem is it wont recognise my ipod. I cant put music on it or see what music is on my ipod through itunes.

Now my question is can you run 2 different ipod/ iphones through the one itunes program on your computer? Surely you must be able to.

No smart ass answers either :sarcastic:

cheers
Jack

I hate itunes but have it installed on my test bench machine (to keep it off the workhorse) and I've got 6 different ipods registered to it and they all have their own file lists.

However if you want it easier when it comes to the ipod use something like sharepod it has a few limitation but it basically treats the ipod like any normal mp3 player and you can just add and delete files as you please without all that bullshit syncing and letting it reconsige the units. It's not as pretty but it works, you'll still need itunes to do updates but sharepod and many like it make it easier.

Crack,
I've got 2 iPhones and an iPod on my iTunes and it recognizes all of them separately.
Maybe try closing iTunes, restarting computer?
If not any time I've had probs with iTunes, just google the exact issue you are having and you'll discover there are heaps of forums with people nerdier than us that have the answer, works every time for me!
Knowing my apple, it'll be easy to fix but just gotta know how! Or call Apple Care if you're covered?

You haven't mentioned what type of iPod you have but if you know the model try resetting the iPod first. Depending on the model type there are different methods. Do a google search for iPod reset and try that first before mucking around with iTunes

thanks guys ill have a play around. kraftypg i think i like the sound of that program. where can i get it?

Just do search for sharepod it might have it's own domain but being free there is probably thousands of sites to download it from now.

You need to re authorize your original ipod. Itunes sucks sometimes. They do this because its their way of stopping people from sharing their music around to all the mates. You have about 5 authorities by memory I think.

itunes sucks for many reasons but the main reason is all the system resources it takes up even when it's not running. MS are bad for hogging system resources but Apple use processors in the background when the software is not running that do little more than look for an open net connection. sharepod and the others like it may not be able to restore an iPod but they don't take up 20 meg with of system resources when they aren't running, in fact they barely take 20 meg when running.

looks like it works. kept itunes and found how to create new accounts. cheers guys

Latest posts

Back