installing elec windows, cruise, central locking in rx?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo_001

Reaction score
Hey all
Have a 2008 d40 rx king cab, and want to install
Electric windows, cruise control and remote central locking.
Just wondering if anyone has done this?

looks like the door trims are similar as there are plastic covers
where the buttons for the elec windows go.

Just not sure if the wiring is run or not
Thanks
Tim

my rx has central locking, had an alarm put in and the central locking was a part of it. I am happy without electric windows so i haven't looked into this. I have looked into the cruise control and in theory it should work, just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

Not sure on the 08's but I'm sure someone recently suggested in the later RX's the wiring for the central locking wiring is already in place and only needs the actuators, the remote sensor/control box and the connectors which can be purchased at Nissan for about $5mill each ($400+ I was quoted for the rear door).

There was also mention of the mirror wiring but I can't remember what the final discussion on that was.

Power windows while not impossible to fit would be rather expensive because you can imagine Nissan have probably made it so tight in those door skins that generic aftermarket motors etc wouldn't fit and genuine would be the only way to go, but you'd have to look in the door to confirm one way or another.

Alternatively you can fit an after market central locking kit and a cruise kit for heaps less than Nissan would charge for genuine parts and do it in a weekend if that's what you really wanted.

Thanks for the replies guys.
I purchased a set of actuators, motors, switches and wiring loom from the wreckers.
I have installed them but cannot find the plug under the dash where the loom plugs into.

Any chance someone can have a look under their dash and have a look where the larger plug that comes out of the door plugs into.

I am hoping it is hiding taped up under my dash, but it may not even be there

Thanks
Tim

Ive done cruise control and remote central locking (2007 rx).

For the cruise control i got a steering wheel from a wreckers and just swapped the switches into my steering wheel (plugs into same connector as the horn). I then made some adaptors to mount some comercial switches for the clutch and brake pedals (note the switches are the oposite sense to normal brake switches, they need to be open circuit when the pedal is pressed). Wiring was already there, just connected them up. Nissan quoted me $175 per switch for the clutch and brake, hence I made some :).

For the remote central locking I got a unit from ebay and wired it into the lock switch on the dash. Got power from the perminant power to the radio, could also use the second power socket on the dash.

I have plugged in the loom from the passenger door,
But the drivers side loom has two plugs, not one.
The one for the speakers plugs in, but i cannot find the
connector for the main plug.

Just wondering if someone can look behind their
Drivers kick panel(you don't even have to remove the
Kick panel) and see how many plugs come out
Of the door, and where they plug into.

Thanks
Tim

Ive done cruise control and remote central locking (2007 rx).

For the cruise control i got a steering wheel from a wreckers and just swapped the switches into my steering wheel (plugs into same connector as the horn). I then made some adaptors to mount some comercial switches for the clutch and brake pedals (note the switches are the oposite sense to normal brake switches, they need to be open circuit when the pedal is pressed). Wiring was already there, just connected them up. Nissan quoted me $175 per switch for the clutch and brake, hence I made some :).

For the remote central locking I got a unit from ebay and wired it into the lock switch on the dash. Got power from the perminant power to the radio, could also use the second power socket on the dash.

So essentially if I get a steering wheel an switches from the wreckers and all the wiring and connectors are there to plug them straight in? What about the control side of things? Is it all done by the computer?

Yes, the ecu does the control. Make sure your truck has the wiring in place. There should be connectors for clutch and break pedals.

With an auto is there still a switch for the brake pedal when doing the cruise control adapting? That's the only extra I wan on my rx for highway. ��

Latest posts

Back