installing coax for an aerial for CB

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nao

Reaction score
hey guys,

bought myself an icom hand held. looking to also connect to external arial.

whats the best way to get the coax through the firewall so I can reach it from under the dash ?

thanks guys.

The best way is to search for something like 'cable through firewall' and make up your own mind from the the oodles of other threads asking the same question.

There is grommets either side of the firewall. Easy will depend on what tools you have, where you want the cable and where you mount the stick.

I ran mine through the same grommet as the cable to pop the bonnet. Was fairly easy with no risk of damaging electrical wires

Picked up my new ST-X 6 cylinder diesel yesterday. There's not room to swing a cat under the bonnet or even leave a dead cat!

Has anyone out there found a suitable grommet through the firewall for UHF antenna/reversing camera cabling, etc. in a late model vehicle? Are the 4 & 6 cylinder grommets the same?

Sorry about repeating this question, but after searching the forums, can't find anything on late model 6 cylinder vehicles.

I did my Brake Controller yesterday and went through the grommet where the bonnet cable goes. Really simple, poked a wire coat hanger through from the inside and picked it up in the engine bay.

Next job Anderson Plug for the fridge in the Swan......

I did my Brake Controller yesterday and went through the grommet where the bonnet cable goes. Really simple, poked a wire coat hanger through from the inside and picked it up in the engine bay.

Next job Anderson Plug for the fridge in the Swan......

Hi pac1977,

How high up on the firewall is the bonnet controller grommet?

It's about mid way up, you can't actually see it from the top of the engine bay so I just pushed the coat hanger through until I could see that (about 300mm) and then manoeuvred it where I needed it to go.

It's about mid way up, you can't actually see it from the top of the engine bay so I just pushed the coat hanger through until I could see that (about 300mm) and then manoeuvred it where I needed it to go.

Thanks for that. Sounds the way to go.

Latest posts

Back