Injector recon/replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00dave

Reaction score
Have a 2008 st-r 2.5 cr D22. Heard that the diesel injectors should be replaced (or reconed) at 100 000 km... is this true?

I would suggest that if your car is sluggish, blows lots of smoke, uses too much fuel or so on, then getting your injectors serviced might be valuable. See how a bottle of injector cleaner goes.

I wouldn't be jumping at replacing them without good reason. I think Dave's done over twice that and I think he's still on his original set.

Injectors for your motor are about $950 a pop so try to service them first.
Dave's is a ZD30 tony

what about the glow plugs, have a 2003 ZD30 D22, have never changed the glow plugs or the injectors. have only traveled 114,000km

Cheers Tony . Not sluggish at all but blowing a fair amount of black smoke when given the boot. Think I will run a can of diesel purge through her and see if the smoke gets less. Maybe I'll wak a nicabate patch on her too haha!

what about the glow plugs, have a 2003 ZD30 D22, have never changed the glow plugs or the injectors. have only traveled 114,000km

Hey Milkman. My 03 ZD30 has done nearly 240k. Original injectors and glow plugs and no signs of needing replacement. Had the injectors cleaned last week for the first time since Nissan did it waaaay back. Run a decent fuel additive through it and service it regularly and you shouldn't have any dramas.

Sweet thanks Chule, ever had any turbo issues? I'v just booked mine in to Mike Vine Turbo's for a full upgrate after having a chat with Mike he's saying 200+kw & 600+Nm
also I see you have the Ironman bash plates any goood? what front shocks are you running I can't seem to find anything I'm happy with

I'd be very interested in seeing a turbo that could nearly double the stock horsepower and provide a 50% torque increase. 200kw & 600Nm is more than the STX550 (170kw/550Nm).

If I could get that out of my 4-banger I'd not bother looking at the V6 - ever.

Unless there was a category for it in the Le Mans 24 hour, of course.

Check out there web site http://www.mikevineturbochargers.com.au/index.html
there is a lot of info on his web site, & Dyno sheets, booked in 1st week of July, as part of the fitting they run a before & after Dyno, I will post the results
Increase as stated 56% torque & 36% horsepower,
power and torque increases of 40%-50% above standard at the driving wheels.With the ideal size turbo used boost begins at 1000RPM or less and reaches Wastegate control maximum boost as low as 1800RPM
To give the best engine life and reliability our conversions include a coolant loss alarm, an overboost safety valve, an oil cooler in the turbo supply line and a major engine tune up with Dyno measurements before and after.
For engines with electronically controlled mechanical fuel injection pumps an electronic interceptor is required to give best tune and power.

Last edited:
Sweet thanks Chule, ever had any turbo issues? I'v just booked mine in to Mike Vine Turbo's for a full upgrate after having a chat with Mike he's saying 200+kw & 600+Nm
also I see you have the Ironman bash plates any goood? what front shocks are you running I can't seem to find anything I'm happy with

Those figures seem impressive- let us know how it goes.

No turbo issues so far. I always use the turbo timer.

The Ironman bash plates are great. There's a bit of cutting and drilling involved to get them to fit right depending on what bull bar you have. There's a few good threads on them already. Speak to Zordo and he can sort you out with the best price.

Just running EFS front shocks - didn't really make a difference in the front end until I upgraded the torsion bars.

Milkman said:

Hey Milkman. How much are you gunna be paying for the upgrade?

Turbo upgrade is NOT cheap $4000, but this includes not only the Garret turbo but also inline oiler cooler for the turbo, low level alarm, they tap into the heater water line,
remap fuel system, full dyno & major tune up, there is more just check out Mike Vines web site heaps of information, not a cheap thing but shit I just spent $3200 on a water to air intercooler (Taipan) & I plan on keeping my 4wd for a few years yet, Dx 2003 only done 114000km’s the old girl still has a lot of life in here yet, but with the reliability of the new turbo & extra power should be happy traveling

The ironman bashplates are good for the price, i have them on mine, got them from opposite lock over at ian weigh, got them cheaper then what is advertised.

Milkman said:
Turbo upgrade is NOT cheap $4000, but this includes not only the Garret turbo but also inline oiler cooler for the turbo, low level alarm, they tap into the heater water line,
remap fuel system, full dyno & major tune up, there is more just check out Mike Vines web site heaps of information, not a cheap thing but shit I just spent $3200 on a water to air intercooler (Taipan) & I plan on keeping my 4wd for a few years yet, Dx 2003 only done 114000km’s the old girl still has a lot of life in here yet, but with the reliability of the new turbo & extra power should be happy traveling

Cheers man will def have a look into that, got 100 000 km's on my str d22 2.5 cr and want to beef her up.

Latest posts

Back