injector pumps?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rohan93

Reaction score
does anyone know the main difference between turbo and non-turbo injector pumps, i know about fuel pumps but i am new to diesels, so far my guess is that it just accompanies more diesel into the engine to accommodate more air from the turbo, therefore, how do i tell whether i have a turbo or non-turbo injector pump and should i hunt one down?...
if there is a difference?

turbo version has boost compensator on top. having said that most of the turbo models i've seen are electronic pumps eg the terrano TD27Ti motor.
if your not winding the fuel up much they often get away without a boost comp on the injection pump. you just have to be careful on the throttle. if you after decent power then you will need one.

What Tweake said.

The boost compensator stops it from overfuling until the engine is on boost and then feeds the engine with the fuel to match the boost.

Assuming the pump has been tuned.

I don't think the retrofit is cheap either, but that is only based on reading other forums.

Back