how to get more flex

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTBKID

Reaction score
Hi,

When out today at glassy and have bugger all flex. I was wondering on how to get more flex? What mods or stuff I can do?

Cheers,

Change the front suspension to pretty much anything NOT torsion bars - which of course you can't do in Qld.

Best off getting a locker and living with it.

I miss my Patrol for offroad :-( already, and its only been 3 weeks.

I max out my Navara "flex" in Maccas carpark on the speedbump LOL.

Hi, When out today at glassy and have bugger all flex. I was wondering on how to get more flex? What mods or stuff I can do? Cheers,

Mate,
If you want more flex buy a GU PATROL.
The Navara are traditionally A WORK UTE.
With it's IFS SUSPENSION IT IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE LIMITED.

Some of us enjoy this challenge.

The only thing I can suggest to get more flex. Is make sure everything is Greased from front to back in your suspension system. This will allow it to flex to its full potential.

Cheers
Geoff

YEP POCOYO'S V6

Geoff, you must live very close to me - Unless your on the Ison Rd/Thompson Rd side.
I am in off Equestrian Drive (first round about over the train lines when coming from Woolies)

You can gain more, I personally like that challenge of limitations rather then just driving over everything.
One day I MAY upgrade to something else.
You need to go the whole sus upgrade and you will gain more, UCA's, Shocks, Springs, Tortions, shackles etc, add a Lokka and you will be surprised how far you can get. But these ain't no Pootrols.

You can gain more, I personally like that challenge of limitations rather then just driving over everything. One day I MAY upgrade to something else. You need to go the whole sus upgrade and you will gain more, UCA's, Shocks, Springs, Tortions, shackles etc, add a Lokka and you will be surprised how far you can get. But these ain't no Pootrols.

Scotty bobcat may have something to say about that ain't no Pooltrols quote. Ha Ha :). I miss my patrol to but I love the size of the navara. Ever watched the old Bushdriver Borneo Safari videos from the 90's. If you can get a look at them. Try YouTube. The places they go with no flex is amazing.

Have heard some people remove the spring clip things from the leaf springs so the leaves come apart more easily. Not sure if this works or is safe, only just remember reading it somewhere

Have heard some people remove the spring clip things from the leaf springs so the leaves come apart more easily. Not sure if this works or is safe, only just remember reading it somewhere

I tried that last weekend it didnt make a difference at all

Geoff, you must live very close to me - Unless your on the Ison Rd/Thompson Rd side. I am in off Equestrian Drive (first round about over the train lines when coming from Woolies)

Yeah mate.
I'm off RAGLAN RD
sister and brother-in-law Live on Equestrian Drive that's probably where you seen my 4b floating around.

Geoff

YEP POCOYO'S V6

You pair are so funny!!!!!!
NOT
And I do believe whenever I drink port around the fire, you guys are normally there and drinking port with me.

Pocoyo

YEP POCOYO'S V6

Yes that is true young Pocoyo.
But after getting sh*tfaced at Landcruiser Park on ur port, never again!!
:rofl2:

Seen these. I will look into them if I don't go coils.

image-2530394282.jpg

Weren't their some people that disconnected the front sway bar to get better flex?

remove front sway bar, soft leaves in the rear - longer ones if your really keen and longer shocks.

not the pic I was looking for as the shocks are still in and are too short but that's with factory leaves, 2" shackles. no mods to front

Latest posts

Back